PDA

View Full Version : coming to an area near you... (for a limited time only!)



idrivemyself
07-31-2004, 04:14 PM
i'll be down in san clemente for roughly a week visiting family and whatnot starting on this upcoming monday (the 2nd) and leaving sometime the following weekend. what's around the area for kicks? any recommendations on golf courses, restaurants, kk's, meets, etc.? my schedule is wide open for now so if any of you would be up for a drink, round of golf, something to eat, or to just kick it for a bit hit me up on my cell.

Marita
07-31-2004, 05:47 PM
go to the BBQ on saturday the 7th [:D]

OverSpun
07-31-2004, 06:05 PM
when did you get a vdub kyle? i thought you had a camry or somethin.

idrivemyself
07-31-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Marita
go to the BBQ on saturday the 7th [:D]

there's a family bbq on saturday i'll be at for the majority of the day. i should be able to cut it short though. i'll actually only have wednesday through friday completely open. not the entire week as i had originally thought.


Originally posted by OverSpun
when did you get a vdub kyle? i thought you had a camry or somethin.

i'm still mobbin the ramry around town. it's actually my mom's vdub. '03 NB, reflex silver, 1.8T, 5spd, loaded. it isn't a bad ride though it needs a chip and new suspension. as soon as i get back w/ it it'll be off to matrix. i'm going to see about getting the ESP removed. it hinders some of my driving. you should drop me a line, i'll show you what i'm talking about. [;)]

Marita
08-01-2004, 08:13 AM
while u r down here maybe u can drive up to sunset blvd. and visit the White Castle burget joint...its only open for till August 11

WHITE CASTLE SETS UP SHOP ON THE SUNSET STRIP (http://www.moviecitynews.com/notepad/2004/040706a_pr.html)

angryswede
08-01-2004, 09:51 AM
HABANA!!!!!

it's like 30 mins north of san clemente, but so damn good. (everyone in so cal should try this place)

take the 405 north to bristol (same exit as south coast plaza) go west (left if you're going north)

it's about 1 mile on the left, in "the lab antimall" (pretty cool place to check out anyways, cool shoe store, urban outfitters, etc). it's in the back. damn good cuban food. great sangria. really good. I love this place. check it out. not too expensive, the food's amazing. I get the ahi tuna and my girl gets either the plantain chicken or the tamale pie

1sicknickel
08-01-2004, 11:10 AM
This is a meet at the barnes and noble on wednesday the 4th.Everyone meets around 8:00 call me up if you want to roll. Call Peter @ 949-400-0507

idrivemyself
08-02-2004, 06:18 PM
habana... white castle... The 405.[:p] i'll hit 'em all up! there's nothing better to do right now. i went to a benehanna's (sp?) last night that wasn't bad at all.

peter - i'm down for the meet on wed night. i'll hit you up later on wed to hash out the details. probably around noon. let me know if there's a better time for me to reach you.

edit: btw, where is a good place to get a tint job in the OC? i didn't have time to get it done before i left and was regretting it on the drive down.

1sicknickel
08-02-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by idrivemyself
habana... white castle... The 405.[:p] i'll hit 'em all up! there's nothing better to do right now. i went to a benehanna's (sp?) last night that wasn't bad at all.

peter - i'm down for the meet on wed night. i'll hit you up later on wed to hash out the details. probably around noon. let me know if there's a better time for me to reach you.

edit: btw, where is a good place to get a tint job in the OC? i didn't have time to get it done before i left and was regretting it on the drive down. I wish I knew where to get a tint cause I dont have a tint either. I was just in Redmond, Washington last week thinking I need to get a tint. Im gonna go visit achtuning when I go out their in 2 weeks again I will hit you up

jeremy@matrix
08-03-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by idrivemyself
it isn't a bad ride though it needs a chip and new suspension. as soon as i get back w/ it it'll be off to matrix. i'm going to see about getting the ESP removed. it hinders some of my driving. you should drop me a line, i'll show you what i'm talking about. [;)]


Yes yes yes. :)

idrivemyself
08-03-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by jeremy@matrix
Yes yes yes. :)

LOL [:D]

i'll see you in about a week. we'll make a date of it. [;)][:p]

Hutash
08-03-2004, 10:25 PM
There is an open track day Aug 8 at Buttonwillow (about 100 miles north of LA) I will be there, but I have not been on this particular track. Cost is $140, and I think there are still openings.

idrivemyself
08-03-2004, 10:38 PM
oooh, that sounds like a bit of fun. i appreciate the offer but think i'll have to take a rain check though. my pocketbook isn't quite deep enough right now. i'd be up for racing a little closer to LA though. go-karts or whatnot. let me know if there's anything in the area.

jeremy@matrix
08-04-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by idrivemyself
LOL [:D]

i'll see you in about a week. we'll make a date of it. [;)][:p]

Nice, LMK.

SoCalAgentMSK
08-04-2004, 02:41 PM
Good place for tint is Tint Plus. They have two locations, one in Rancho Santa Margarita, and the other in Mission Viejo. Owners name is Matt.

www.tintplus.com