PDA

View Full Version : K04 options!

ceas
10-03-2007, 06:19 PM
I had a few questions for you guys. I still have my stock K03 now with the Dahlback software that I'm extremely happy with. I know my K03 won't last forever, so I am looking at K04 options. I am not the greatest mechanic and don't want to be bothered with something unreliable, so K04 seems to be the best route. Unless you guys know of other reliable turbo setups. I would really love to get Dahlback software for the K04 (OEM not their custom K04). I heard it makes 235hp and 245 crank.. which is pretty low I think, but maybe with more supporting mods it would pickup a bunch more power. If you guys have any ideas or input on the PC-16 file I would like to hear about it. And lastly, where are the best places to buy an affordable K04 new?

ILoveT
10-03-2007, 06:30 PM
gpopshopyouwannamop is the best place to get one IMO!

EDIT: There is a ton of stuff floating around here about the PC-16 file. Like tons, you could weigh it.

seank
10-03-2007, 08:11 PM
i think Kinetic Motorsport has the best prices on new k04's they are like $750 from them i think, I would def step up to the GTRS elim though man, you get such a better setup for not that much more cash. you WILL get tired of the k04.

audiFUEGO
10-03-2007, 08:15 PM
i dunno... my hammer k04 is preeetty preettyyyy pretttyyyyy torquey....

puts a huge smile on my face.

seank
10-03-2007, 09:15 PM
yes but a mild GTRS elim would put an even bigger smile on your face for much longer and for a very minimal amount of additional funds compared with your basicallly maxed out k04. Plus you also give yourself room to grow, while you are basically at the peak of what your k04 can handle. Not to mention the greater efficiency of the GTRS or a full 28rs setup.

audiFUEGO
10-03-2007, 09:32 PM
I would need everything i have now, plus a new exhaust manifold and a bigger exhaust... new clutch and enough money to cover cracked manifolds and melted pistons (dramatization)

a4speed
10-03-2007, 11:10 PM
yes but a mild GTRS elim would put an even bigger smile on your face for much longer and for a very minimal amount of additional funds compared with your basicallly maxed out k04. Plus you also give yourself room to grow, while you are basically at the peak of what your k04 can handle. Not to mention the greater efficiency of the GTRS or a full 28rs setup.

agreed.

if you want power then the k04 isn't the way to go. if you want just a little more kick then the k04 would be for you. GIAC has the best software for the k04 though, thats what i would do if i wasnt going bt.