PDA

View Full Version : Colored City lights?



VtAudi
07-30-2004, 04:54 AM
Anyone have them? Pics.... Where to get? Was thinking Blue or Yellow to go w/ my fogs.

A4 in SC
07-30-2004, 06:45 AM
I bought my city light bulbs from SPP when I ordered the E-codes. They match my HIDs pretty closely. Very happy with them. I just wish I could find high beam and fog light bulbs to match...[rolleyes]

Mike

Anthony
07-30-2004, 11:06 AM
I'm trying to get my hands on some yellow H6W city-lights. Seems no one makes them...yet. [:)]

Do you have Halogen or Xenon E-Codes, Vt? That will depend which bulbs you need.

VtAudi
07-30-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Anthony
I'm trying to get my hands on some yellow H6W city-lights. Seems no one makes them...yet. [:)]

Do you have Halogen or Xenon E-Codes, Vt? That will depend which bulbs you need.

Xenon E-codes, let me know if you find yellow, that would look pretty good I think, in the mean time I guess I'll just get some Blue ones from SPP.

littlewhite
07-30-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by VtAudi
Anyone have them? Pics.... Where to get? Was thinking Blue or Yellow to go w/ my fogs.

LEDs from PIAA. I have xenon e-codes also. Is the white one, dont get the blue one, its hella blue


http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/34LED_3.JPG

Real life, alot brighter and sharper 'white'

VtAudi
07-30-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by blackknight
LEDs from PIAA. I have xenon e-codes also. Is the white one, dont get the blue one, its hella blue


http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/34LED_3.JPG

Real life, alot brighter and sharper 'white'
Good to know, you get those from SPP? When you say LED, you mean different set up LED, or just the bulbs that go in w/ the 2 prong twist in thing?

littlewhite
07-30-2004, 01:12 PM
PIAA SUper LED. Type 168 Part # 19263 White color

Anthony
07-30-2004, 01:36 PM
Ooohhh...those work huh?

http://www.piaa.com/LEDs/LEDs.html

Need to try them out! [cool]

VtAudi
07-30-2004, 02:40 PM
They have a blue/white also, think I'll have to try both.

Anthony
07-30-2004, 03:25 PM
Wish they had yellow...

littlewhite
07-30-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Anthony
Wish they had yellow...

yea, i try to put juts regular yellow weldge bulbs in before... YUCK, color was like old yellowish newspaper color

Anthony
07-30-2004, 03:40 PM
I want "yellow ion", to match my highs/fogs. No one seems to make this in the fitment I need though. I only saw them once, and it was some random Asian market bulb.

VtAudi
07-30-2004, 06:37 PM
Are these the bulbs we need for city lights?
Type: W5W Mini

Stats: 12V 5W

AM Bulbs has plasma yellow ion

A4 in SC
07-30-2004, 08:03 PM
W5W is what I have in mine... [;)]

littlewhite
07-30-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by VtAudi
Are these the bulbs we need for city lights?
Type: W5W Mini

Stats: 12V 5W

AM Bulbs has plasma yellow ion

DOnt bother trying the yellow, it will look ugly. Due to the size of the bulb.

Anthony
07-31-2004, 01:31 AM
Halogen E-Codes: W5W
Xenon/HID E-Codes: H6W

Something I noticed about the PIAA LEDs is that they say they're "wedge type" which sounds like they're a W5W which push in instead of the H6W which have a metal base that turns in.

so now I'm confused...

VtAudi
07-31-2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Anthony
Halogen E-Codes: W5W
Xenon/HID E-Codes: H6W

Something I noticed about the PIAA LEDs is that they say they're "wedge type" which sounds like they're a W5W which push in instead of the H6W which have a metal base that turns in.

so now I'm confused...

What he said ; )