PDA

View Full Version : Upolstery Help

Squarrl
09-27-2007, 06:38 PM
I am replacing a seat panel on the drivers seat. I am using a stock replacement panel too. The one your ass sits on. Advice, and what tools are required would be a great help.

Tifun
09-27-2007, 06:55 PM
I am replacing a seat panel on the drivers seat. I am using a stock replacement panel too. The one your ass sits on. Advice, and what tools are required would be a great help.

I have no advice....but would like to know where you got your replacement at.
-Keith

Squarrl
09-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Dealer... it cost a fortune $340
But a person sat in my car with a screwdriver in the back pocket so they are paying.

Starting
09-27-2007, 07:17 PM
easiest to remove the seat. tools are dikes, and hog ring pliers make it alot easier. you could just use regular pliers though but that would be a pain.

r3dcloud
01-04-2008, 01:46 AM
I would like to know how to remove the back panel on the drive and passenger seats without breaking the clips.

akielb
01-04-2008, 07:49 AM
I would suggest to take it to a local upholstery shop. I have a shop about two blocks from me that restores old cars. I went in there and they guy quoted me $100 to replace the top left cheek piece that is warn in my car. But since you've already purchased it, that doesn't help. Maybe see if you can find a similar shop to just R&R. Props on trying to DIY though.

My passenger seat back has the clips broken off(from previous owner), I've looked and I can't see a way to get it off without breaking it. All I can suggest is to lift up on the bottom as hard as you can and hope that it bends and gives you enough clearance to release the clips.

gl