View Full Version : Question for S4/A4 Avant owners

Shifty
09-27-2007, 04:37 PM
Okay I have to know if I'm the only one who has this issue:

I own this GTI:
http://images28.fotki.com/v998/photos/1/1114564/4868235/D099-vi.jpg

And this 30v Quattro Avant:
http://images26.fotki.com/v941/photos/1/1114564/4918141/Spraywerkz014-vi.jpg

And here's the deal - I drive the GTI daily and I might have one person every other week try and race me. If I see a WRX or Mustang or something and try to play... nothing.

On the one or two days a week I drive the Avant I get revs from ricers and rodders from every direction. I think it's the color. I can only assume people mistake her for an S4, or they think yellow really does add horsepower. In one mile of travel last weekend I had an E36 M3, SRT4, and Camaro try and race me. The sad part: the Avant was obviously weighed down with a stroller, two suitcases, and my wife and kids.

What gives? I thought people laughed at wagons! Is it the color or do you other Avant guys get the same treatment? [confused]

SnowBum124
09-27-2007, 05:16 PM
i wish that would happen in my avant. i really cant get people to race me[drive]. i think that my FMIC and BOV scares them off.[:D]

blackedoutt
09-27-2007, 05:49 PM
I have a slow TT and people get scared from the blow off. I think people wanna race your wagon because they think its slow. People on the street pick races to win and make them selves feel good, not to get smoked and admit that they are slow. More people tried to race me in my pimped out truck than in my "sleeper" rx7 so your not alone

biketsai
09-27-2007, 08:29 PM
just a thought...
maybe people think the GTI is owned by some average driver that just wanted a sweet ride and isnt looking to race?
And once people see your rims, color of your car, taillights, they think it must be fast

speedydragon
09-27-2007, 09:40 PM
just a thought...
maybe people think the GTI is owned by some average driver that just wanted a sweet ride and isnt looking to race?
And once people see your rims, color of your car, taillights, they think it must be fast

agreed..once a ricer sees your wheels, unlowered car, and taillights, they'd think they've found a match for their cars. un tint the tails, and lower it and you might have less ricers reving at you. I wish ricers rev'ed at me too :|

slackerboy88
09-27-2007, 10:01 PM
wow like everyone said i wish people try to race me but when i had my civic lots of people thought i was a ricer because of my exhaust lil did they know it was supercharge :)

TMorris
09-27-2007, 10:21 PM
Ive been curious on your progress, its looking good all shaved and what not. Still looking to drop her?

speedydragon
09-27-2007, 11:16 PM
yea...you seriously need a drop..looking at the pic a 2nd time, it looks like the car is from tirerack.com with an added background :|

onemoremile
09-28-2007, 04:57 AM
I have never had anyone try to race me in either the A4 Avant or the S4 Avant. Well, once in the A4 but my idiot friend was yelling out the window at a couple nice 240s with big turbos.

Shifty
09-28-2007, 06:38 AM
Still looking to drop her?

It's all about the benjamins... [:(]