PDA

View Full Version : Radio Jammed

jrodpikap
09-24-2007, 02:04 PM
It looks like the last time my dealership took the radio out...they f'd something up, because now I...and several other shops can't get it back out (using many different types of keys).

Assuming one (or more) of the key releases on the stereo is broken, are there any other methods of removing the factory Bose stereo so I can do some work? Thanks.

A4Rob
09-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Stick your fingers in the tape deck and pull.

jrodpikap
09-27-2007, 08:57 AM
Tried that...but almost ripped the front plastic cover off of the whole stereo.

JumboBlack1.8
09-27-2007, 09:00 AM
I had the same problem before. You probably have a broken tab. I had to basically disassembly the entire dash in order to get to the tabs on the four corners of the unit....It sucks, but it really is the only way if your tabs are broken

jrodpikap
09-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Once you do get it out...were you able to remove the broken tab or do something so you could get the radio out again?

JumboBlack1.8
09-27-2007, 09:42 AM
Nope....I'm an idiot and I thought I would NEVER be uninstalling the symphony radio again....so I just jammed it back in there....But I just got a an Avic D2 nav system for my bday, so I've gotta go through all that BS all over again....sucks....But its definitely possible to just completely destroy that broken tab (if you don't care about it)....thats what I would've done if I had to do it all over again....Hope that helps

SoFresh
09-27-2007, 11:43 AM
Take it to the dealership and tell them they broke it and want it replaced, they shouldnt charge you for messing it up themselves.