dts is aftermarket so it's an addition to your car

xAUDIx
09-12-2007, 02:31 PM
snub mount = front engine mount

dts is aftermarket so it's an addition to your car

Its an addition? meaning its not there already...? Well now im just confused

iin10ded
09-12-2007, 02:36 PM
correct the 1.8 and 2.8 did not come with a connector between the subframe mounts. the s4 does. so the DTS adds a brace bar that your car doesn't come with. check out awe's install instructions on their site for pix + details.

the snub is def worth doing. 034 makes a nice snub with bracket that's what i'd do if i didn't score an apr for 10$.

sean1.8t
09-12-2007, 02:37 PM
search!!!!

you have been on here long enough to know bettter..

at least read the sticky at the top of the page [headbang]

xAUDIx
09-12-2007, 11:03 PM
search!!!!

you have been on here long enough to know bettter..

at least read the sticky at the top of the page [headbang]

I did search thats why i asked if it was worth replacing, see what people say bout they experiences..

so even though the DTS isnt stock i can still bolt it on? correct? no?

sean1.8t
09-12-2007, 11:15 PM
ugh.....

this is strait from teh Sticky that i spent hours upon hours on so this kind of stuff wouldn't happen.(sorry, i just get mad when i see people not using it even when they know it is there) [/rant]

11.Snub Mount/D.T.S. – this is the front engine mount of our motors. the stock one is a squishy rubber that allows a lot of play in the drivelines. upgrading to a polyurethane unit cuts out a lot of the slack and rubberish feeling while driving. The APR, Greedspeed, Vastperformance, and 034 snub mounts gets rid of the shifter/drivetrain clunking when hard shifting occurs. Its cheap and an easy DIY for us, go for it! the DTS, or drive train stabalizer, is a unit that bolts directly to the undercarage of the B5 using existing hardware and mounts. it also bolts up to the transmission reducing yet even more driveline slack. it's an easy install. a word to the wise though, throw away the junk rubber mount that comes with it and get a polyurethane one More info here (http://www.centralvalleyspeed.com/forum/showthread.php?p=977#post977). the two places that sell them are AWE and ASP. both are the same only a slight difference in price. but ASP is the only one that has a DTS for a TIP transmission.

Kyle H
09-12-2007, 11:24 PM
Deffinetly change up your snub mount. I did, and it made a huge difference in motor response and the overall feel of my car. I have heard that with the 034 track density motor/transmission mounts, it feels the same as if you have stock mounts and a DTS, but we'll see about that. I'd upgrade all of those mounts first, then if you're still unhappy with the drive train slop, get a DTS.