PDA

View Full Version : Problem!!! brake lights flashing

Calisto
09-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Ok since i got the car two weeks ago the car has had this problem and i figured it might just go away but it hasn't so i figured i would ask.

If i start the car in the morning the dash only shows the airbag light on, the guy i bought it from said the airbag needs to be tightened.

after driving it a while or if i start it in the morning, the abs light will stay on and the ebrake light will flash not stopping

any idea what could be wrong I did some searching on the forums here and af and it sounds like the abs module may be dead but I don't think thats it seems to brake fine, cept the rotors and pads need to be replaced soon

Flyboy64
09-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Airbag needs tightned? WTF!! Sounds like you have some serious electrical issues. I'd get it vag'd soon for a better idea on what sensor is giving issues.

Kyle H
09-03-2007, 02:44 PM
The abs/e-brake thing is your ABS control module going out, search for abs control module and I'm sure you'll find all the info you need. I had mine fixed by ModuleMasters for $250.

AudiRacerS4
09-03-2007, 02:45 PM
the brakes will work even if the module is dead sounds like your abs is shot and you need to have your airbags checked

Calisto
09-03-2007, 04:06 PM
ok i dont have access to a vagcom system unless i bring it to a dealer and they will most likely rape me for a diag fee, so you can have the abs rebuilt can you buy a rebuilt or new one? asking because this is the car i drive every day

Kyle H
09-03-2007, 04:11 PM
It's like $500 to get a new one, $250 to have ModuleMasters repair it, or you can DIY, it's just a couple wires that you have to solder back on... I just did a quick search and couldn't find the thread. Maybe somebody else will know what I'm talking about.

Oh, the brakes work if the module is dead, but you wont have ABS, and you wont have awd. It'll leave the front and rear diffs open.

Calisto
09-03-2007, 04:48 PM
so if i have a competent mechanic friend i can have him solder some wires back together and it will work fine, or do i need a new/rebuilt unit?

Teabag
09-03-2007, 05:02 PM
lol lets go for a run through the meadows

burner799
09-15-2007, 12:47 AM
Oh, the brakes work if the module is dead, but you wont have ABS, and you wont have awd. It'll leave the front and rear diffs open.

That sounds like one of the biggest pieces of bullshit I have ever read on this site....