PDA

View Full Version : Allow Myself to Introduce...Myself (and my problem)

Baseballer
08-31-2007, 04:47 PM
Ok, so, I have a 1998.5 A4 2.8 Q . Got it my Senior year of HS, then Mom drove it the last three years, while I drove a Talon TSi AWD, which was a blast. I'm now in my Senior year of College, and I got the A4 back.

Here is the only super crappy camera phone picture I have. I'll fire up the DSLR when my laptop gets back from being fixed.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p6f0bbc5fb8bc2d207bd02e2b87f39d37/e7e51aff.jpg

Anyway... I have been trying to access the hidden EQ in the stock headunit. It is a Bose stereo, and it says "Audi Concert" on the tape deck, which I am fairly certain means I have the hidden EQ

Here is what I do:
Car is on
-Turn radio off by pushing in middle knob
-Turn car off
-Remove key
-Hold down "5"
-Turn radio on by extending middle knob

At this point, I am led to believe that my LCD screen should fill up with 5's, but all I get is a regular radio station.

I would love to figure this out as it would give me some more tuning with my subs.

Oh, and feel free to ask me questions or whatever, I dunno.

audiness
08-31-2007, 04:57 PM
that radio trick only works on newer radios. sorry.

nice car tho, but we need more pix

Baseballer
08-31-2007, 05:07 PM
Thanks, ya, I will get more up hopefully within a week.

Anyway, I think I like driving the A4 more than the Talon. Way slower, but so much more REFINED. lolz

ExpLlclT
08-31-2007, 05:20 PM
for sure ^ dsm's are a kick in the ass

Baseballer
09-01-2007, 12:49 AM
Oh ya, I also cannot find my antena for the key FOB under the rear seat. Is this correlated in any way? (Radio EQ and Antena).

pfa65
09-01-2007, 07:15 AM
I have a 98.5 bose as well.
The antenna is not under the rear seat. In my avant it is on the passenger side of the trunk above the stock jack.