PDA

View Full Version : DV placement - does it matter?

aytheory
08-31-2007, 12:24 PM
There seems to be 2 ways of placing the DV and I was wondering if it mattered.

one is the dv is located right out of the inlet pipe like this
http://www.zeroproof.com/bicball/snubfit.jpg
picture is stolen from someone

the second dv location would be right next to the IC pipe.

ct1.8t4me
08-31-2007, 12:56 PM
I just switched mine. I replaced my outlet pipe with a silicone unit and they moved the placement of the DV on me. They included a new hose to connect it and move the DV up to where you have it listed in the picture. I have not noticed any difference in performance but I want to say that the DV is louder now possibly because it is closer to the air filter.

Bic-Ball
08-31-2007, 01:42 PM
the hose i have in that picture isnt exactly the same one that came with the car. my ac belt wore a hole in that one and i replaced it with one from shokan and it isnt the same, the tube is way longer than it needs to be, that's why it's zip tied, i think the placement was a bit different too, i could be wrong though. i could take a good 6 inches off of of that hose.

ModifiedA4
08-31-2007, 01:51 PM
that is the old way of routing the BPV. Audi updated it.

the reason why the new way is better is that the turbo doesnt have to pressurize the extra length of hose.
http://www.modifieda4.com/images/technical-docs/18t_engine.sized.jpg

Bic-Ball
08-31-2007, 02:10 PM
i wonder how hard it would be to just reverse the hose, the dv end and the hose end are around the same size. find a copper pipe to stick in there and put a clamp round each end.

mike-2ptzero
08-31-2007, 03:18 PM
i wonder how hard it would be to just reverse the hose, the dv end and the hose end are around the same size. find a copper pipe to stick in there and put a clamp round each end.

Problem is that when the bpv is located down at the lower hose you need a return hose with a 90 deg at the bottom and a 90 deg pipe up top to fit the hose and TIP(hose) together.

aytheory
08-31-2007, 03:39 PM
so i am guessing the BV on next to the IC - FTW!!!!!!!!!

Bic-Ball
08-31-2007, 10:54 PM
Problem is that when the bpv is located down at the lower hose you need a return hose with a 90 deg at the bottom and a 90 deg pipe up top to fit the hose and TIP(hose) together.

that's why you use a small copper pipe inside of both with hose clamps on either end.