PDA

View Full Version : Metal Clanking...

AudiMV
08-30-2007, 04:35 PM
So recently I noticed my car doing something strange after I just got all my tires replaced. When I drive slowly and slightly turn I hear a loud clank, sounds like metal to metal contact...i dont notice it when im driving faster only at parking lot speeds do i hear this. I first suspected it to be some part of my car clanking on the ground when i roll slowly but after putting my car on ramps and doing an inspection from under the car, still cannot find any answers. Anybody have an idea of what this may be? Any areas specifically i should be checking? It only occurs when my car is moving at a slow rate of speed, could be happening when i go faster but i havent heard anything loud enough to confirm it....Thanks

AudiMV
09-01-2007, 01:12 PM
took wheels off and didnt find anything really out of the ordinary....

2001A4QUATTRO
09-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Does it sound more like a piece of metal vibrating? I have that same problem... LOL Please help us!!! I could not find anything either... [:p]

slackerboy88
09-01-2007, 07:04 PM
does it grind or does it just make a popish noise?

woofster
09-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Does it sound like it's coming from the wheel? Or perhaps from a part of the suspension? Definitely coming from under the car?

AudiMV
09-02-2007, 09:07 AM
its sounds like a loud clank, some times just one and sometimes in bunches but one clank at a time, kinda like a metal baseball bat on the floor or metal, coming from the rear drivers area, could be the suspension, possibly a wheel bearing?

iin10ded
09-06-2007, 03:32 PM
i have similar noises on mine, i think it's the pads knocking around in the calipers. i have checked everything 6 times and all is well. but i get little clicks here and there and louder clanks every now and then. usually its braking related [hence me thinking brakes].

i also suspect some noise could be coming from the steering rack, altho no amount of prodding ive done confirms that.