PDA

View Full Version : is it limp mode???

j2da
08-30-2007, 08:13 AM
yesterday i went through 4 gears wide open. as soon as i was done boosting i tried to go again and i didnt move. i was boosting 6psi rather than 20. every time i would step on it it would stop boosting at an even 6psi. this also happens when i hit higher speeds. ive heard of temporary limp mode...could it be that? it doesnt feel like heat soak.

buck
08-30-2007, 09:22 AM
any CEL's? Any noises? My DV just went all of a sudden... but it was LOUD when it opened up.... you know - the lovely A4 quiff sound.

j2da
08-30-2007, 11:54 AM
i dont have a CEL, and i was having this problem before and figured it was my dv, so now i have the 710n...which shouldnt be the problem. and im pretty sure the 710n can hold the boost...am i right?

p.s. where can i pick up one of those high flow coconuts?

buck
08-30-2007, 12:27 PM
i dont have a CEL, and i was having this problem before and figured it was my dv, so now i have the 710n...which shouldnt be the problem. and im pretty sure the 710n can hold the boost...am i right?

p.s. where can i pick up one of those high flow coconuts?

I'm on my second 710N.... I thought it would hold the boost, but guess not for ever!

You are the first to ask about the sickest mod you can do to your car. I now have to let the cat out of the bag.... it's from ECS tuning... but you have to be in the 'know' to get one... they don't advertize them. [:D] or go to your gas station and you might find one for sale there!

maxspeed
08-30-2007, 01:32 PM
certainly sounds like limp mode to me, happen ever on hard down shifts?

j2da
08-31-2007, 01:25 PM
not really, usually just when i hold boost for a long time. if i hold it for a while in 5th, when i try to go again...no boost. and sometimes when i shut my car off it will go away.