PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Schedule

Calisto
08-28-2007, 06:52 PM
Ok i just bought a 99.5 A4 and its got 136K on it, Im going to change the timing belt soon and I wanted to know at what mileage and what other parts i need to change, i know the wheel bearings have already been changed and I plan to do the brakes soon but i have read about control arms and other things that need replacing and I wanted to know if there were specific intervals with the other parts like there is for the timing belt

Ewok_Fetus
08-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Is this a 1.8 or 2.8? Let me know as I may have some parts for your timing belt... Best thing to do would to get a Bently manual... They have all information you would need... If you buy my timing belt parts, I will throw in a free copy of the Bently on DVD or CD format... PM me...

Calisto
08-29-2007, 02:55 AM
oh ya i probably should have mentioned that, I have a 99.5 1.8tqm and I think im just gonna buy the full kit from purems.com cause they are including a free snub mount right now

sjthomas
08-29-2007, 05:19 AM
Snub mount costs quite a bit less than a Bentley, if that's the consideration.

Calisto
08-29-2007, 01:56 PM
ya i think im gonna have it done anyway, i dont have the time or space right now for a job like that

would anyone know if there is a difference in the timing belt kit from ecs and the kit from purems?