PDA

View Full Version : future turbo

trademark
08-28-2007, 07:41 AM
i'm getting a hybrid turbo built, it's not a off the shelf turbo. so how hard is it going to be to get software to work with it. i don't have any local shops that can do this. so would a call to Giac/Revo/APR do the trick. can they custom twick my CPU to acount for the specific turbo? what info would they need? or can i use Vag-com to check my injector pulse and A/f ratios. and then use lemmiwinks to adjust air/fuel/timming?
has anyone done their own tune? or start with a K03 chip and done twicks here and there?

thanks for the help guys

TMorris
08-28-2007, 08:06 AM
Why don't you just look at a BT set-up that has been proven to work instead of building your own?

I'd love to see a custom set-up but just from a money stand point, I'm just asking why?

HIERLEVELZ
08-28-2007, 08:09 AM
You leaped before you looked. You would need the guys at unitronics to tune that for you. But i dont know if they have a presence in Texas. Install the turbo and have the car towed to a local tuner shop (someone with experience tuning vw/audi)

trademark
08-28-2007, 08:27 AM
Why don't you just look at a BT set-up that has been proven to work instead of building your own?

I'd love to see a custom set-up but just from a money stand point, I'm just asking why?

nothing too custom. it's basically a k03 with different internals. k-16 clipped exhaust and and a larger than k-04 coldside. (not sure what turbo that's coming from) i'm just waiting for them to work out the turbine shaft issues (too small)
the problem is that i don't know what the flow caracteristics of the turbo will be, i also know that clipping the exaust is going to cause some lag, so i wanted to be able to acount for that and well i just don't want to be sending my ecu back an forth untill i get it right. that could be a pain in the ass.
the price should be about the same of a new k04-15

i don't know i just wanted an other option to a k04-15 and don't want to go BT

maxspeed
08-28-2007, 02:29 PM
why dont you contact the guys at inmotion tuning, from what i understand theyll tune just about any turbo for 500 bucks... they base theyre files of k04 source code, so im sure with a few logs theyll get you something pretty damn rippin [up]

trademark
08-28-2007, 03:51 PM
that's what i wanted to hear