PDA

View Full Version : power is there on minute.. gone next?

njm23
08-27-2007, 04:10 PM
So after getting everything wired up today for my subs.. I turn on the radio and it works, i'm happy. Then about 3 minutes later no more subs.. My amp lost power.. Any ideas on what might of happened? The power wire seems like it has no power? I can't even get ti to spark off the battery terminal-and of course I don;t know where my tool is to see if theres power running through the line.. Just weird that it worked then about 3 minutes later it cut out.. need help-any ideas? (i tried rewiring the remote turn on also but that did nothing..)

audiness
08-27-2007, 05:43 PM
most likely a bad ground. or you blew a fuse

njm23
08-27-2007, 05:57 PM
Checked the fuse.. looked good.. and the ground is good I know that. I have no idea.. need some input im so confused..

DGAFxxx
08-28-2007, 06:17 AM
Checked the fuse.. looked good.. and the ground is good I know that. I have no idea.. need some input im so confused..

You need a voltmeter to trace it down and see where you are losing your power. Check all the connections at the battery, inline fuse. And also double check your ground as well with the meter. You can get a cheap one at walmart or harbor freight for 10 bucks.