PDA

View Full Version : cleared my corners and now. . .

dmaize
08-26-2007, 11:40 AM
so i cleared my lights and now one of them has moisture in it. what should i do to get it out? i siliconed the holes really well. so i dont know how it got in there. it did rain the next day. any idea?

shaahid
08-26-2007, 04:48 PM
When it happened to me it just went away after a day. Then I redid the silicone and it's never happened again.

SoFresh
08-26-2007, 04:52 PM
to get the moisture out, you can put them in front of your homes heater vents inside over night... or a hairdryer, or bake them in the oven on a low temp, likke 150 degrees for a couple minutes, just make sure you dont melt the lens or plastic. I did this to an old set I used to have on the A4. They will also probably dry out overnight inside a garage or your house, then just re-silicone them. also make sure the bulbs are all tight in the back.

ny02s4
08-26-2007, 05:52 PM
was it raining out the day you did them? cause the extra humidity in the sir could cause that as well.

I would probbaly stick to the hairdryer method, it only takes a few mins to dry them up and its alot safer than using the oven method.

Poopie
08-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Get some silica gel or take some from a shoebox if you recently got new kicks and put a packet in the headlights.