PDA

View Full Version : wel........

k0mpresd
08-25-2007, 07:54 AM
driving home last night....downshifted...engine died [:(]

sounds as if it has no compression [:(] [:(]

no oil drops on the ground so i dont think its a hole in the block and i checked the plugs..all 4 look good..nothing smashed them..so no dropped valves...timing belt is still 1 piece

im guessing i bent some valves

ecu has camshaft position sensor implausible signal code and warranty void code [;)] [:(] ...i think i might have downshifted a touch early [headbang]

as long as the block, rods, and gt30 are ok im content

guess now i have a good excuse for that aeb........

F*CK ..F*CK ...F*CK! ......ok, now im content

94jedi
08-25-2007, 08:04 AM
damn ian...that sucks...gotta love the "engine speed exceeded/ warranty void" code. I cleared that one almost on a daily basis lol.

i wonder what it could be...doesn't sound like there's too much damage though. did it happen under boost?

k0mpresd
08-25-2007, 08:14 AM
yes it sucks...but i think it might be an easy fix relatively speaking

no boost

it happened as i was braking/downshifting

Daft
08-25-2007, 08:17 AM
Ian, did you inspect the CMP? If it broke internally it would essentially stop the whole show.

k0mpresd
08-25-2007, 08:20 AM
no...actually i didnt

but the engine spins to easily to just have a busted hall sensor

it spin as if it has no compression [:(]

DGAFxxx
08-25-2007, 08:27 AM
no...actually i didnt

but the engine spins to easily to just have a busted hall sensor

it spin as if it has no compression [:(]

granny shiftin, not double clutchin like you should... now me and the mad scientist gotta rip apart the block and replace the piston rings you fried.

http://www-compat.tf1.fr/tf1mag/speciaux/Rentree2005/genres/10-Cinema/images/FastandFurious400.jpg

k0mpresd
08-25-2007, 08:29 AM
ummm..........riiiiiigghttt.......

Blake260
08-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Yeah, then they drive off (and proceed to run from the cops) in the car with the fried piston rings ahaha