PDA

View Full Version : 034 Or Treadstone

quattro16
08-24-2007, 01:33 PM
Anybody shed some light for me on what would be the better choice of manifold to pair up with a 3071r. Will the 034 tubed manifold really going to help with performance? If not then I would get somehting cheaper like the treadstone one and put the money towards stand alone. Any suggestions.

Poopie
08-24-2007, 01:38 PM
thats a tough one. Tubular manifolds are baller. They will give you a few more ponies up top. If you are strapped for cash, just go with the treadstone.

CO AVANT
08-24-2007, 01:52 PM
I got the treadstone. Might run into fitment issues if you run a 4" inlet with the turbo.....since the mani is actually designed for transverse. I'll be running it on a full 2871R T25 internally gated .64ar. Need to do some porting where cylinders #1 & #4 come into the collector. Definitely has some meat that can be taken off at those points to allow better distribution of gases into each runner. I might also try to fab a custom support bracket for the turbo since the flange on the mani will sit horizontal.

killa
08-24-2007, 03:00 PM
how much is the Treadstone ?

autoxtrem
08-24-2007, 05:50 PM
300$ or so.

mike-2ptzero
08-24-2007, 06:02 PM
You could talk to Issam if you need a exhaust manifold. With a 4" inlet turbo your going to have a problem with hose fitment unless you go with the manifold from Full-race.

onemoremile
08-24-2007, 07:04 PM
If you are looking for a log manifold you can get a nice one from 034 for 180. Better act quickly though.

quattro16
08-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Would 034 be able to make a custom manifold without the car being there? I could get a 2.75" inlet, but that wouldnt make much sense. I have the money now to get whatever I want for the turbo, manifold,dp, wastegate. I just want to do this right the first time.
-Also Mike are running the full race manifold and their downpipe? How do you like it?

mike-2ptzero
08-24-2007, 07:16 PM
If you are looking for a log manifold you can get a nice one from 034 for 180. Better act quickly though.

Wasn't the $180 offered by Issam not 034?

Would 034 be able to make a custom manifold without the car being there? I could get a 2.75" inlet, but that wouldnt make much sense. I have the money now to get whatever I want for the turbo, manifold,dp, wastegate. I just want to do this right the first time.
-Also Mike are running the full race manifold and their downpipe? How do you like it?

034 has a new manifold that uses 2 ram style runners and 2 that have 90 deg bends, it looked like there would be plenty of room for a good size bend in front of the turbo but the angle of the down pipe was pretty tight.

Yeah I run the full-race manifold and down pipe, I was the one that went to full-race to have them make a tube manifold back in 2004 since no one else made one. Manifold is great and so is the service from full-race.

xr4tic
08-24-2007, 07:21 PM
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3168648

034 has 2 types, the 2nd type is on page 4.

I ordered the 2nd type, along with a DP, WG, WG tube, and 3" exhaust :)

quattro16
08-24-2007, 07:21 PM
Who's Issam? I guess next week I have to make some phone calls.

mike-2ptzero
08-25-2007, 12:29 AM
Who's Issam? I guess next week I have to make some phone calls.

Issam = Wizard of OD.

gotaudi
08-25-2007, 12:40 AM
has anyone ever tried treadstone intercoolers??? Is it compared to anything good???

Wizard-of-OD
08-25-2007, 06:19 AM
I am here[:)]

Would 034 be able to make a custom manifold without the car being there?
Yup,just tell me what you want...i.e.
* What turbocharger
* what MAF (if any)
* what wastegate
etc etc

dingguhlbary
08-25-2007, 12:53 PM
i dont know man, treadstone f-ed over jason bourne. hopefully they wont mess up your life too if you go with them

onemoremile
08-25-2007, 01:01 PM
This is the one I was thinking of. Would be great with a 2871 Eliminator. Port match, Swain coat, and cut the flanges and it is perfect for a budget setup.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3397685

http://www.034motorsport.com/gallery/d/7419-2/1_8tHOManifoldComparo1.jpg

TMorris
08-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Issam = Wizard of OD.

http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerouser?cmd=viewprofile&id=236736

He also has this "Issam@boostfactory" and its what he uses to post all the new equipment on Fourtitude

I dont think there are 2 people with that name at least.

longducdong
08-25-2007, 02:48 PM
hi, new here, but not to cars...

i'm picking up a 98 a4 1.8tqm. soon, with a blown turbo. so it's a chance to upgrade. so i'm searching here...
i'm thinking of just getting an 034 high flow mani, then k04 turbo...
or...
i have a bunch of stuff off my corrado project sitting while i'm rebuilind the eng., that i can use...i already have...
pte- gt3076rle, .63 ex housing.
tial 35mm ext wg
i would just need a mani and exhaust

so, how does the treadstone fit with ext wg
compared to an atp copy?
debating if it's worth the hassle.

thanks[up]

onemoremile
08-25-2007, 02:58 PM
This is the way to go with a 30 frame turbo. Built bottom to take it to 7500+, build and flowed head for 8500. 2.0 or 2.2 displacement would be a huge plus.

http://www.80tq.com/~wiz/gallery2/d/1321-2/006.jpg

http://www.80tq.com/~wiz/gallery2/d/1327-2/008.jpg

quattro16
08-25-2007, 03:13 PM
Wizard thats what im looking to do. The bottom end will be done next weekend scat rods, wiseco pistons, raceware/ arp hardware. Head is done already with all new valves and seals from a broken t-belt. So now im trying to figure out what to do for the manifold. And from what it sounds like in this thread 034 mani will be tight. Mind you im a 2001 awm, and havent spoke with unitronic to see if i have to run a maf with there file. I do have the money to do whatever just want to make the right choice.

mike-2ptzero
08-25-2007, 03:57 PM
http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerouser?cmd=viewprofile&id=236736

He also has this "Issam@boostfactory" and its what he uses to post all the new equipment on Fourtitude

Yeah the same person, he posts on a few forums when there are new products coming out.

He is also the guy with the tread about building a built 2.1 liter, very smart guy when it comes to doing this stuff and one of the very few people I go to when I have a question.

Wizard-of-OD
08-25-2007, 11:57 PM
Only 1 Issam Abed in the world...[;)]
(at least I hope)

pte- gt3076rle, .63 ex housing.
tial 35mm ext wg
i would just need a mani and exhaust

so, how does the treadstone fit with ext wg
compared to an atp copy?
debating if it's worth the hassle.

thanks[up]
Great start.I have never tried the treadstone manifold in a B5 car (unfortunately)...
What I can tell you though is that Markku (Agtronic) bought the manifold and the problem is that it angles the turbo downward.My fear is that it will place your return line close to the frame rail[:(].Would always be nice for someone to try it though...I would even paypal a lil to see it happen.
To date I have tried the following in a B5:
* ATP - bent spaners much?
* MTM - SWEET MANIFOLD
* 034 - my own custom unit which I will run a T3/T67 with.
I really dont like the ATP T3 manifold or the copies on ebay/wherever...its just a poor casting in terms of accessability to the exhaust nuts and such.The ideal location for a BT with a cast manifold is a manifold that centres the turbocharger,that way if say you run aT04S cover,you can easily run a 4" cast elbow upward and into a 4" MAF.

So now im trying to figure out what to do for the manifold. And from what it sounds like in this thread 034 mani will be tight. Mind you im a 2001 awm, and havent spoke with unitronic to see if i have to run a maf with there file. I do have the money to do whatever just want to make the right choice.
Tight Fit?Nah...depends what manifold you decide to go with.There are 2..
The first version of which 10 were made relocates the turbocharger behind the right passenger headlight.Perfect for those who drag/race there cars and want a "ram air intake" [:D].The problem with that manifold is that in a B5 frame with say a GT3582R,people were having an extremely difficult time stuffing a MAF somewhere in there.
http://www.80tq.com/~wiz/gallery2/d/1236-2/005.jpg

As You can see it is without a doubt a Tight fit
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2488/img4002qe1.jpg

The second version is what is in production now and it basically keeps the turbo as close to the head as possible to allow users the ability to run say a GT4088R turbocharger + a MAF.

The unfortunate thing about tubular manifolds compared to cast is that no welder or fabricator can replicate the tight bends that a CAST manifold will do and it is well known that CAST manifolds do take abuse.Thats why you dont see many aftermarket companies offering Tubular manifolds.
You think it is easy getting 2-3 phone calls a day about manifolds cracking?
That being said if you brace your turbocharger properly you should not have any issues at all.

He is also the guy with the tread about building a built 2.1 liter, very smart guy when it comes to doing this stuff and one of the very few people I go to when I have a question.
2.2L[;)] [:D]
And Thanks Mike...lets not forget who was the first guy to pioneer the BT movement followed by the BAT movement.If it were not for you I dont think the A4 frame would have been taken seriously.

mike-2ptzero
08-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Only 1 Issam Abed in the world...[;)]
(at least I hope)

I have never tried the treadstone manifold in a B5 car (unfortunately)...
What I can tell you though is that Markku (Agtronic) bought the manifold and the problem is that it angles the turbo downward.My fear is that it will place your return line close to the frame rail[:(].Would always be nice for someone to try it though...I would even paypal a lil to see it happen.

2.2L[;)] [:D]
And Thanks Mike...lets not forget who was the first guy to pioneer the BT movement followed by the BAT movement.If it were not for you I dont think the A4 frame would have been taken seriously.

Thanks Issam for the comment. Just happy a few of us "old school" A4 guys were willing to stick around and really see how far we could push the limits of the A4.

IIRC someone did have the treadstone manifold before ended getting a different manifold, he was from Atlanta but at this time cant rememeber his SN on Audizine but I will try to find it. I think he ended up with a "jay" manifold which was basicly a copy of the Full-race and runs TAPP tuning and was building a 2 liter. He calls me once in awhile on the phone(deep jamaican accent). Thing is that I haven't heard or seen him post in a while.

(added) ok found it, he goes by Bigjuice.