PDA

View Full Version : Koni Coilovers, who's got them????

DamagedGoods
08-24-2007, 01:17 PM
I am seriously considering purchasing the Koni coils listed by WRD on VWVortex. I have Koni's on my mk4 GTi and loved them, a little stiff but I liked it. What I want to know is how is the ride quality for the B5 A4's? I do not mind a stiff ride but I also want to avoid excessively harsh ride quality.

Please chime in with your thoughts, pictures of slammed Audi's also make my happy [cool]

Thanks for your input,

Vadim

TheEZest
09-02-2007, 08:28 PM
i've got them. good ride quality. not too rough at all. to tell you the truth though, they're not stiff enough to slam your car on them. the tires will hit the quarter panels on turns if you are too low.

circafuc
09-25-2007, 10:37 PM
i have them on my 97 audi a4 1.8t and i think its alil rough but its dropped pretty low speed bumps suck and has alil bouncing feeling after goign over bumps at higher speeds

buck
09-26-2007, 10:45 AM
My Koni c/o's are set to approx 40% stiff. Slightly stiffer than stock sport.... not harsh at all. Still a good ride.

Set to approx 25.0" from top of well to ground. No rubbing at all with 225/40-18 and E.T. 35

One downfall if you see winter - they wont adjust (ride height) after 2 winters.... even with thread wax and good cleanings.

Jurjen
09-29-2007, 02:09 AM
I just put in a set of Koni coils last week, ride quality is great, i have a bit of rubbing with 235/35/19's - still lookin to sort that out.

pmoss
09-29-2007, 06:09 AM
I think mine are 80%/70% front rear stiffness or something close to that. Front stiffer to help prevent nose dives. Their okay, certainly an upgrade over stock or a shock spring combo. The car handles way better as compared to the AWE shock/spring combo that I had before. Hard to beat for the price. I have little to no bouncing, soaks bumps up pretty well. But some might consider the ride harsh.

RobbyB413
10-03-2007, 10:26 AM
I've got them, they're not that bad at all. Good for the money, and they've been great around Boston. [up]

Kyle H
10-03-2007, 04:16 PM
I have STaSIS coilovers (Koni V1's tuned by stasis), very little body roll, brake div,e and squat (that may be because I have stock power though [:)] ), they really let you know when you hit a bridge on the freeway, but other than that they're not too harsh.