PDA

View Full Version : K04 must be done tommorow!

audiFUEGO
08-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Ok so my car is on the lift as I type with the whole front end ripped off.

I'm installing testpipe, FMIC, and K04 along with a new water pump, timing belt, etc...

I have everything ordered except for the k04.

1. Wheres the best place to get them from?? (besides apr)

2. And what else do i need (injectors, etc...)??

3. And also, since im an existing APR customer, my shop said it would be 199$ to upgrade my k03 chip to a k04 chip... is APR a nice software to go with for k04?

Sorry, but when i search k04 i get a whole array of different threads... Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.

AL

Starting
08-23-2007, 02:51 PM
1. spp, awe, and a few others

2. depends on the program

3. apr doesnt have a b5 k04 program

Nebone
08-23-2007, 02:56 PM
Here is one place,

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2029936

Here is another,

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155170

I called APR before about upgrading my chip to a K04 one but they don'y carry K04 software for the B5, just B6.

pinky
08-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Here is one place,

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2029936

i was just about to post that.. its the cheapest i've found.

audiFUEGO
08-23-2007, 03:04 PM
wheres the cheapest place to get one?

I have a tax id number so i can get it for wholesale price but damn 1700 at awe and 2300 at apr is crazy.

In the FAQ it says never buy a k04 for more than 800$...??

Starting
08-23-2007, 03:19 PM
awe is a turbo kit. No idea why you keep mentioning apr. APR WILL NOT WORK WITH YOUR CAR.

You say you have everything ordered but you really have nothing ordered to install a ko4. IMO you need the turbo, software, fpr or injectors or both, install gaskets.

audiFUEGO
08-23-2007, 03:30 PM
awe is a turbo kit. No idea why you keep mentioning apr. APR WILL NOT WORK WITH YOUR CAR.

You say you have everything ordered but you really have nothing ordered to install a ko4. IMO you need the turbo, software, fpr or injectors or both, install gaskets.

Thankyou for clarifying about APR..

Where i'm standing right now is... my dad owns a car repair business and i have never paid retail price for anything on my car. At this point I'm trying to see which software and what injectors I need to order.

My dad regularly orders from companies like Worldpac and such that sell OEM parts. Are there OEM injectors/fpr's off of other cars that people use (for example i heard you could use a vr6 jetta MAF for gains)?

That would make it much easier and cheaper for me to order OEM parts. Thanks for all the help...

EDIT: also is the k04-15 an OEM turbo from another car?

AudiRacerS4
08-23-2007, 03:35 PM
you need to decide what software your going to run before you go ordering FPR's and Injectors

audiFUEGO
08-23-2007, 03:39 PM
which software should i run... i have a 2001.5 and i want crazy power but i obviously dont wanna kill my brand new turbo...

hows the pc-16?

Isnt it better to get the fpr/injectors no matter what software ur running anyways?

audiFUEGO
08-23-2007, 03:53 PM

I just called unforgettable tuning again to double check and he said that they would still use the APR k04 software even tho mine is a B5...

I'm lost.... i could potentially save 400$ by sticking with apr...[confused]

AudiRacerS4
08-23-2007, 04:07 PM
OMFG you can NOTTTT use apr for a k04 on a B5!!!! first off you cant run injectors and a 5 bar FPR on the normal K04 software. second you cant use PC-16 because that is only for 96-99.5 NDBW cars. Third you can either run the normal K04 software from GIAC which is called K05 program or you can run the GIAC hammer file which is the more aggressive one and calls for 380cc injectors, 5BAR FPR, a front mount inter cooler, a full exhaust, and a TT MAF

cmorse
08-23-2007, 04:10 PM
I just went through all of this too. But i went with mtm b/c that is what chip i had. As far as buying a new ko4, supreme has the best price but they were on back order when i called last week. I baught mine from Eurocode tuning. I think it was about $850, and plan on about $50 for shipping. Most places will have the gasket kit to go with it. I got mine from awe b/c i only needed a few gaskets. I think that the way it works is that you will match you fpr and or injectors to which ever tuning you have. Someone correct me if i am wrong. Hope this helps.

audiFUEGO
08-23-2007, 04:16 PM
what can i say, thats what the idiot at unforgettable tuning just told me... so i guess i wont be taking my car there...

Sorry if these questions are irritating you, but i was just wondering how much 380cc injectors and a 5bar fpr is going to run me? And also where do i get these from? are they universal parts?

Again i apologize if my ignorance is pushing the limit here.
TIA

audiFUEGO
08-23-2007, 04:19 PM
I just went through all of this too. But i went with mtm b/c that is what chip i had. As far as buying a new ko4, supreme has the best price but they were on back order when i called last week. I baught mine from Eurocode tuning. I think it was about $850, and plan on about $50 for shipping. Most places will have the gasket kit to go with it. I got mine from awe b/c i only needed a few gaskets. I think that the way it works is that you will match you fpr and or injectors to which ever tuning you have. Someone correct me if i am wrong. Hope this helps.

Thank you for the help.. could you direct me with the url for supreme please.

Thankyou

AudiRacerS4
08-23-2007, 04:20 PM
http://www.kineticmotorsport.com/index.php?p=catalog&catalog_code=Fuel_System-9-1&

they have the injectors for $195 and a % bar fpr runs about $54 from ECS Tuning

Nebone
08-23-2007, 04:23 PM
Buy the turbo from the VWVortex link I posted!

It is the cheapest and it will be at your garage in 3 days tops. You can run all the hardware w/o K04 tuning. You can use your current APR chip until u decide on what software/tuning you want to go with. The K04 WILL work like your K03 Sport you currently have, but you can further tune it.

audiFUEGO
08-23-2007, 04:38 PM
Buy the turbo from the VWVortex link I posted!

It is the cheapest and it will be at your garage in 3 days tops. You can run all the hardware w/o K04 tuning. You can use your current APR chip until u decide on what software/tuning you want to go with. The K04 WILL work like your K03 Sport you currently have, but you can further tune it.

yeah that is the cheapest one ive seen... but i think i might be able to get it cheaper if i get it from kineticmotorsports.com with my tax id#...

its like 795$ plus my discount... otherwise ill get the one u posted for 772$

Thanks for the help

audiFUEGO
08-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Thankyou for clarifying about APR..

Where i'm standing right now is... my dad owns a car repair business and i have never paid retail price for anything on my car. At this point I'm trying to see which software and what injectors I need to order.

My dad regularly orders from companies like Worldpac and such that sell OEM parts. Are there OEM injectors/fpr's off of other cars that people use (for example i heard you could use a vr6 jetta MAF for gains)?

That would make it much easier and cheaper for me to order OEM parts. Thanks for all the help...

EDIT: also is the k04-15 an OEM turbo from another car?

anyone know anything about this?

Starting
08-23-2007, 05:05 PM
www.supremepowerparts.com

The file that is going to give you the most horsepower would probably be the hammer file from Jeff Moss at Torque factory. Also mtm has a couple of files with some impressive claims. Search for these two files and it will tell what injectors/maf/fpr you need for each.

20A4Audi1.8t01
08-23-2007, 06:06 PM
I just got my KO4 installed yesterday with the hammer file I love it!

Now for the hammer file you will need...

TT 225 MAF
380cc injectors
stock 4 bar works fine no need for a 5bar
new spark plugs
and itd be good to get a tip

Call Jeff Moss at the tourque factory if you have any questions! He answered ALL mine!

Hope that helps GL

Oricle
08-23-2007, 06:22 PM
OMFG you can NOTTTT use apr for a k04 on a B5!!!! first off you cant run injectors and a 5 bar FPR on the normal K04 software. second you cant use PC-16 because that is only for 96-99.5 NDBW cars. Third you can either run the normal K04 software from GIAC which is called K05 program or you can run the GIAC hammer file which is the more aggressive one and calls for 380cc injectors, 5BAR FPR, a front mount inter cooler, a full exhaust, and a TT MAF

Shops tweak the k03 program, so it matches with a k04 for APR.

audiFUEGO
08-23-2007, 06:25 PM
I just got my KO4 installed yesterday with the hammer file I love it!

Now for the hammer file you will need...

TT 225 MAF
380cc injectors
stock 4 bar works fine no need for a 5bar
new spark plugs
and itd be good to get a tip

Call Jeff Moss at the tourque factory if you have any questions! He answered ALL mine!

Hope that helps GL

Does jeff moss have an email?

Where are they located?

And i thought GIAC made the hammer file?

Thanks alot 20A4 im glad to hear that i can keep the stock fpr.. If you dont mind, where did you get your k04?

Peace

audiFUEGO
08-23-2007, 06:26 PM

Can I trust this kind of tune?

20A4Audi1.8t01
08-23-2007, 07:01 PM
Does jeff moss have an email?

Where are they located?

And i thought GIAC made the hammer file?

Thanks alot 20A4 im glad to hear that i can keep the stock fpr.. If you dont mind, where did you get your k04?

Peace

not sure about email
I think california
ur correct GIAC makes the hammer
bought my KO4 off a fellow audiziner d1rt!
thanks again d1rt!

lml999
08-23-2007, 07:05 PM
You know, if you spent an hour or two reading the posts on this website, you'd have most of your answers.

One thing you'd learn is that it's pointless to install a K04 without appropriate software. Me, I'm going with MTM Stage 2 when I install my K04.

Also, you'll learn about aftermarket air cleaners and free flow exhausts.

Oh, and with all this monster power, do you have the right tires, suspension and brakes?

The right way to do this is tires first, suspension second, brakes third, and then power. (Some people do suspension before tires to ensure no clearance issues).

Oricle
08-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Can I trust this kind of tune?

Yes.
I didn't pay attention to your year, but I read something about a Hammer File? If so you're a 2001. The hammer file deffinatly is going to be giving you a power advantage over just a k04 with software. the k04 with software is a cheaper route($199 upgrade), than the hammer file and should last you for a while. The way I look at it is, you're only out $200 for the k04 upgrade, if you decide to go to the hammer file, after running the k04/APR tweaked software for a while.

PS, your tuner is the one to talk to about this. They will know better than almost anybody on this forum most of the time.

ILoveT
08-23-2007, 07:22 PM
Monster power? K04? what?

Starting
08-23-2007, 07:36 PM

What shops out there are tweaking an apr tune to work with a k04? Just tweaks with lemingwinks? That is not a tune. Could you please explain more because this is the first I have heard of it.

audiFUEGO
08-23-2007, 09:22 PM
You know, if you spent an hour or two reading the posts on this website, you'd have most of your answers.

One thing you'd learn is that it's pointless to install a K04 without appropriate software. Me, I'm going with MTM Stage 2 when I install my K04.

Also, you'll learn about aftermarket air cleaners and free flow exhausts.

Oh, and with all this monster power, do you have the right tires, suspension and brakes?

The right way to do this is tires first, suspension second, brakes third, and then power. (Some people do suspension before tires to ensure no clearance issues).

I'm not expecting monster power.

I do have alot of supporting mods... check my sig

Oricle - I agree with you, that is a good place to start... actually the guy at the tune shop said that they usually install full kits which includes the injectors... so maybe it will turn out to be aggressive enough.

Thanks everyone for the help

94jedi
08-24-2007, 04:25 AM
... i have a 2001.5 and i want crazy power but...
hows the pc-16?

*sigh*[:(]

maxspeed
08-24-2007, 06:42 AM
What shops out there are tweaking an apr tune to work with a k04? Just tweaks with lemingwinks? That is not a tune. Could you please explain more because this is the first I have heard of it.

uhh altering the timing and a/f via lemmiwinks IS a tune, sorry it dosent require hours of sorting through and changing hex values....