PDA

View Full Version : random water leakage on left side

dgianneschi
08-22-2007, 09:49 PM
Hey all
so recently its been raining alot around here...and ive noticed that the rain has found its way into my car and soaked the back left side carpeting, and the front carpeting suffered minor leakage. Im just wondering if theres anything I can check for right off the bat for the possible leaking, otherwise Im just going to tear out the whole carpet and reapply it [rolleyes]..unless i shouldnt, if so please let me know.

audisportnut
08-22-2007, 10:02 PM
hay you don't happen to have installed a sterio system lately have you ? you know the usual system subs amp ect ect ?

Typacilly what happens is you move the plug on the firewall back and it will allow water to creep in your car . my guess is you park with the nose of the car facing uphill am i right ?[drive]

The reason i am assuming this is my friend, as well as myself have had the same problem in the past. And you may want to check that as well as your moon roof !

kurtdaniel
08-23-2007, 02:47 AM
Could be a leak from a bad windshield seal. Wonder if it could even be condensation leakage from your air conditioner too.

zrowcool
08-23-2007, 05:10 AM
i agree its the firewall grommet. i stepped into my car once to find 3 inches of water on only my right side.

pipe7284
08-23-2007, 05:43 AM
when i installed my boost gauge water was inside my car, not good and stinks. i had my own personal mobile pool.

audisportnut
08-23-2007, 10:33 AM
when i installed my boost gauge water was inside my car, not good and stinks. i had my own personal mobile pool.

Yah my friend , she used to say i didnt have to bathe, i could just drive my car ! chicks are nutz [hail]

Sablea4
08-23-2007, 10:38 AM
could be the ecu box. mine had a crack in the back and water would find its way down. replaced it and no problems since. but you have water in the back so idk

bandit
08-23-2007, 10:54 AM
check your battery tray drain, mine was clogged up and would get water into the drivers side floor.

dgianneschi
08-23-2007, 11:06 AM
its water on both the front and back, but ill check all problems that you guys have listed, thanks with the help so far.

dgianneschi
08-23-2007, 11:07 AM
hay you don't happen to have installed a sterio system lately have you ? you know the usual system subs amp ect ect ?

Typacilly what happens is you move the plug on the firewall back and it will allow water to creep in your car . my guess is you park with the nose of the car facing uphill am i right ?[drive]

The reason i am assuming this is my friend, as well as myself have had the same problem in the past. And you may want to check that as well as your moon roof !

the previous owner installed the stereo system, so its possible this is the problem. How do i fix it if this is the case? And I typically just park on my driveway, not uphill.

audisportnut
08-23-2007, 11:11 AM
the previous owner installed the stereo system, so its possible this is the problem. How do i fix it if this is the case? And I typically just park on my driveway, not uphill.

There is a plug on the driver side fire wall make sure it is properly seated !

speedydragon
08-23-2007, 11:28 AM
water in the back maybe a result of a plugged sunroof drain.

dgianneschi
08-23-2007, 12:30 PM
where is the sunroof drain where I can unplug it at, if possible?

speedydragon
08-23-2007, 10:10 PM
where is the sunroof drain where I can unplug it at, if possible?

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/ext61.shtml

dj spiel
08-23-2007, 10:22 PM
how about that storm today!!!

littlewhite
08-23-2007, 10:26 PM

Same. . . after 8 hrs of heavy rain it filled up quickly & its just missing fish inside [=(]

audisportnut
08-24-2007, 10:01 AM
Same. . . after 8 hrs of heavy rain it filled up quickly & its just missing fish inside [=(]

ok when not driving it you need to tarp it to deflect the water till you figure it out.

when it stoppes raining dry it out(completely) , fill a milk jug with water , and pour it over the windows , pillars, roof, moon roof, hood trunk, at seperate times to see where its comming from !!!!! once you figure out where its coming from it will be easyer to track down !

OsloStateOfMind
10-16-2007, 11:26 AM
mine is also leaking, 99 a4, but its seeping into top of drivers side a pillar. i can't figure out how to get the panels off though,so that i can inspect it

pipe7284
10-16-2007, 12:44 PM
mine is also leaking, 99 a4, but its seeping into top of drivers side a pillar. i can't figure out how to get the panels off though,so that i can inspect it

you definatelly have a sunroof drain clogged.

prodrive
10-16-2007, 01:09 PM
check that if you have water in your firewall under your battery and ECU box.If you see water it's probably becuse blocked drainage.

OsloStateOfMind
10-16-2007, 01:33 PM
so is there a drain front and rear,or only to the rear?