PDA

View Full Version : what color should I paint my wheels

zionrider
08-21-2007, 05:49 AM
Well after a few attempts to fix some curb damage I've just decided to pull the trigger on getting my rims painted. Figured it was a good opportunity to change them up. So here's the deal the rims are 18" BBS CH's and the car is an 01 Avant in Ming blue. Chrome roof rails and window trim. My problem is I'm not sure what would work as far as the color of rims with my car. I was thinking something darker. Maybe even a black chrome or something like that. So I'm seeking your help. I am rather disfunctional with posting pics so that's why you don't see any. I do have some that I can post if someone can help me out with how to post them. Cheers

biketsai
08-21-2007, 05:54 AM
gumetal

zionrider
08-21-2007, 06:01 AM
Ya gunmetal crossed my mind but my winter wheels are gunmetal so thought maybe something other then that would be cool. If I don't think of anything else then I'll go with that.

biketsai
08-21-2007, 06:05 AM
black?

zionrider
08-21-2007, 08:05 AM
Here's a link to a couple photos. The first is the color I was thinking of doing. The second is the car. I've photochoped the wheels back on as I've got them off at the moment to send to the painter. Let me know what you think of the color and if it would pass on my car. If you got any other ideas shout them out. I'm in need of some inspiration.

(copy & paste)
http://picasaweb.google.com/zioneurope/BlackChromeBBS?authkey=ycWLkKWPxe0

JumboBlack1.8
08-21-2007, 08:21 AM
Black chrome looks a lot better than it sounds....I'd go with either black chrome, or just refinished them to their original color, since gunmetal is not an option

onemoremile
08-21-2007, 08:57 AM
Paint sucks. All that time and effort seems a waste after they start chipping. Smooth out any imperfections and have them blasted and powdercoated. Gloss pewter is my fave. Satin pewter, satin black, or gloss black are all great too. The hyper black is available in powdercoat as well.

zionrider
08-21-2007, 10:15 AM
Paint sucks. All that time and effort seems a waste after they start chipping. Smooth out any imperfections and have them blasted and powdercoated. Gloss pewter is my fave. Satin pewter, satin black, or gloss black are all great too. The hyper black is available in powdercoat as well.

I would love to powdercoat the wheels although it's super expensive here in Sweden. So I don't really have that as an option. Well I do but I would be paying more then double what you guys pay in the States. I've not really located a powdercoater that does solid work either. Their is really only one option as far as a powdercoater goes and I'm not sure if I would trust my wheels with them. Most powdercoaters here only do commercial work. Hyper Black would be sweet though.

Lazer Viking
08-21-2007, 11:29 AM
checkout eastwoodco.com

they have a home powdercoating system that isnt that much $, then all you need is an oven big enough to fit your wheels in

a4fann
08-21-2007, 02:57 PM
pink

Sassy-n-Klassy
08-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Maybe a deep blue.