PDA

View Full Version : anyone parting out, need driver window motor

Beemer832
08-20-2007, 07:50 PM
not sure where this post needs to go, but I need a driver side front door window motor for a 98 a4. mine keeps quitting on me, afraid its going to be down and not go back up when it rains ; (...
Does anyone know how much of a PIA it is to swap out also?.... not looking forward to it..

josh

Ewok_Fetus
08-20-2007, 08:09 PM
Easy if it REALLY is the motor... It is usually the regulator though which is a bitch...

Nebone
08-20-2007, 08:16 PM
I did my rear drivers side and that door don't have the quality thump when closing as the untouched doors. I have a motor from that door if its the same...

Beemer832
08-21-2007, 05:53 AM
Maybe someone can help me determine waht it is....

it will work fine for weeks on end, and then one day it will stop working, stop for maybe a few minutes, maybe afew hours, then i let it sit and it works again.

its not the door switch because i cannot open or close it from the outside lock switch either. also i dont think it is the regulator as the motor is making no noise when you hit the switch and the window still moves freely, not free enough for me to manually raise/lower it. also i have removed the door panel before and tapped the motor thinking it was bound up inside, this was to no avail. while the door was off, i could hear a solenoid giving power to the motor, and then it would quickly stop, and the motor made no noise.

the dealership told me that it sounded like the motor, so i figure what the hell, might as well try it because ive heard those regulators are a pain in the ass.

josh