PDA

View Full Version : Pinks

mike-2ptzero
08-20-2007, 05:33 PM
Ok who is going to run their car in the Pinks All out in vegas. [;)]

Damn only if I had a roll bar in my car already[:(]

But then it is Vegas which is at 2100 ft so my car might be close to 11.5 there.

AudiSport12
08-20-2007, 06:24 PM
well BOLT in a roll bar haha

mike-2ptzero
08-20-2007, 06:26 PM
Lol

audiluver
08-20-2007, 06:26 PM
that and you might lose your car.

AudiSport12
08-20-2007, 06:43 PM
all out is for money, no losing cars right? i have only seen parts of one episode of All out.

and i was reffering to that one thread mike, dont know if you caught on or not [wrench]

t1demont1
08-20-2007, 07:04 PM
Do it up. support the audi following, as long as you dont lose your car

AudiTurrbo19
08-20-2007, 07:18 PM
yea pinks all out you do like a qualifying session and then they pick you if they like your time and your car. Then they pair you up with a similar speed car and you race for money. If you lose you get sent home.

mike-2ptzero
08-20-2007, 07:30 PM
Basicly you pay $40(IIRC) you get 2 qualifying runs, they have practice runs the day before. The guys from the show pick a group of cars that has the closest times because they want to see heads up racing that will be very close.

The group is 16 cars, the winner of each race gets $1000 which they can use to bet on their next heads up race. This goes on till there is just 1 winner which wins $10k, a fully loaded Napa rolling tool box valued at $8k and any money they won during elims.

If you are not picked the only thing you are out is the fee to make the 2 runs and practice.

The "Pinks All Out" show is much better then their other show which always has nothing but a bunch of drama and bitching.

Here is the info from the LV speedway site.

The hottest show on television - SpeedTV's PINKS ALL OUT Las Vegas - will invade The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway Saturday, Sept. 8. This open-competition event will feature the fastest cars in a heads-up (first car to the finish line wins), $10,000-to-win shootout (with a total purse of $18,000).

The ALL OUT format is different from that of a normal episode. The initial field will consist of 400 cars. Drivers will make qualifying runs to determine the performance of their machines. After qualifying is complete, the PINKS crew narrows the field to the 16 drivers they want to see compete for the money. The winner will take home $10,000, while eight other racers will leave America's Greatest Dragstrip with $1,000 in their pocket.

Unlike a normal episode of PINKS, PINKS ALL OUT will allow drivers to race as hard as they can without the fear of losing their car. However, before each race begins, drivers will have the option to bet any amount of the prize money they have won to that point.

PINKS ALL OUT is an open competition for any car that can run the quarter-mile in 12.99 seconds or less. The cars must be "Door Cars" that adhere to the NHRA rulebook. All cars must pass a safety inspection and all participants must sign a release waiver.

Racers must pre-register for the event. Pre-registration will begin on Tuesday July 17, at 9:00 a.m. and will occur on the LVMS website. A very large number of participants are expected to participate for this event. Hopeful participants will be able to access the registration through the LVMS homepage, either by clicking on the link at the very top of the page or by visiting Drag Strip tickets.

Registration for drivers is $40 (Ticketmaster fees will apply) Online registration includes a Test ‘n' Tune session on Friday, Sept. 7, a PINKS ALL OUT Las Vegas participant decal, and entry for car and driver to the PINKS ALL OUT Las Vegas taping on Saturday, Sept. 8, at The Strip at LVMS. Online registration payment is via credit card only.

All participants will receive two qualifying runs on Saturday, Sept. 8. Following qualifying, PINKS host Rich Christensen and his crew will select 16 racers to compete in the $10,000-to-win, heads-up shootout. The selection of cars is at the sole discretion of the PINKS production staff.

all out is for money, no losing cars right? i have only seen parts of one episode of All out.

and i was reffering to that one thread mike, dont know if you caught on or not [wrench]

Dont think he read that one.

Bolt in roll bar would be the same as no roll bar which would = BYE BYE if I ran 11.49 or quicker.

tomustang
08-20-2007, 07:34 PM
Ok who is going to run their car in the Pinks All out in vegas. [;)]

Damn only if I had a roll bar in my car already[:(]

But then it is Vegas which is at 2100 ft so my car might be close to 11.5 there.

Do it, rep the audi [up]

mike-2ptzero
08-20-2007, 07:41 PM
Well does anyone want to go?

Good excuse for a trip to VEGAS.[:D]

AudiSport12
08-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Dont think he read that one.

Bolt in roll bar would be the same as no roll bar which would = BYE BYE if I ran 11.49 or quicker.

http://audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147321

Bic-Ball
08-20-2007, 08:17 PM
even if you dont lose your car on the show, don't lose it gambling :D

gotaudi
08-20-2007, 08:57 PM
Your car is not fast enough for the final group... the host really like mid to high 9 second cars (not your car). Last season their was a better race (closer gap between cars) in the mid 10 second range (Not you car at 2100ft). I think you would have fun but it is highly unlikely that your car at 11.5 seconds will make the final group. Please do not think I am bashing your car or what not I love what you bring to the audi community...

Lazer Viking
08-20-2007, 09:12 PM
yea, get your car into the mid tens and you might make the final group

but take it anyway for qualifying.. one good run, in a car that probably none of them have seen run.. will deffinatly get you on tv in their qualifying montage.

make sure you have a big ass audizine sticker too

mike-2ptzero
08-20-2007, 09:40 PM
Your car is not fast enough for the final group... the host really like mid to high 9 second cars (not your car). Last season their was a better race (closer gap between cars) in the mid 10 second range (Not you car at 2100ft). I think you would have fun but it is highly unlikely that your car at 11.5 seconds will make the final group. Please do not think I am bashing your car or what not I love what you bring to the audi community...

Yeah thats why they ask for cars that run 12.99 or faster to show up.[confused]

Wasn't the Rockingham event high 10 second cars with one of them being a Civic?

unknowna4
08-20-2007, 09:51 PM

Yeah... I think it was like 10.5 to 10.9 or something...

gotaudi
08-20-2007, 09:58 PM

I am just saying they love fast cars (9-10 second car) that s what they run on most of the shows. just because they ask 12.99 or faster to show up doesn't mean 11.5 is sufficient.

Yeah the civic was about a 10.8 car but is your car a 10.8 car????[confused] I believe you have 10.8 in that car probably faster but not at 2100ft+hot weather(assuming it is during the las vegas day).

NyteEscape
08-20-2007, 09:59 PM
hey mike, i know ur scared that i will show up and embarrass you and that's the real reason ur still debating this. well, dont wry about it. im busy that week, so ur fine to go and kick ass without me kicking yours.

AudiSport12
08-20-2007, 10:00 PM
well you have a few weeks to intall a good rollbar. then gut it like Marc's S4 and your good to go hah

mike-2ptzero
08-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Yeah... I think it was like 10.5 to 10.9 or something...

It was smaller then that, pretty sure all 16 cars were no more then .15 seconds apart.

Funny thing is they had 1 car run 16's, cars running mid 4's(dragsters) and even had a Lambo show up to run.

Here is a shot of the board from the Rockingham event.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/177/455343511_4ddb328f4e_o.jpg

Yes that is the 11.5 group.[:p]

gotaudi
08-20-2007, 10:10 PM
if you make it a 10.9 car up their you have a shot, the only thing is about vegas everyone has bigger wallets.

mike-2ptzero
08-20-2007, 10:51 PM
if you make it a 10.9 car up their you have a shot, the only thing is about vegas everyone has bigger wallets.

What does a bigger wallet have to do with a event where no one knows what they are going to pick for a ET? It isn't the "Fastest" car that wins in the 16 group, it is the car that can be the most consistant and the driver with the best reaction.

Just look at the very first "all out", a lady won it driving a truck.

badassb5
08-21-2007, 05:22 AM
Do it Mike! I'd love to see an Audi repin on Pinks [up]

94jedi
08-21-2007, 06:41 AM
Do it Mike!!! I'd love to see you get out there. Just spring for the cage. if you plan on 10's, it's a good idea to have it anyway even as piece of mind (aside from NHRA rules). there might be some other rules that come into play though, relo batt to the rear, batt box, cut-off switch, ds loops, scatter-shields etc.

You know your car would get picked just for it's uniqueness, regardless if you ran a 10 flat or a 12 flat.

I just wish all the big audi guys would show up...Gavin, MArc, etc.

onemoremile
08-21-2007, 06:49 AM
I'd love to see you on the show. See if bOOOOsted would throw a BBQ or something. Make a real party out of it. It is about time your car was caged anyway. Stiffening that chassis could do wonders for it.

94jedi
08-21-2007, 06:55 AM
It is about time your car was caged anyway.

That's what I was thinking...always wondered why he didn't have a cage.

Insel Fohrer
08-21-2007, 07:42 AM
I would like to see one of those 'wicked fast' S4's run. I remember seeing some video clips on here with an S4 taking down some pretty stiff competition. Would def take them from the dig anyway! Just a thought.

mike-2ptzero
08-21-2007, 07:59 AM
I would like to see one of those 'wicked fast' S4's run. I remember seeing some video clips on here with an S4 taking down some pretty stiff competition. Would def take them from the dig anyway! Just a thought.

That would be Marc(11secS4) which has ran 10.7 just a few weeks ago. Problem is he also would need to add a roll bar to his car if he wanted to take it to the Pinks All Out event. I wonder if Mike of Wicked Motorsport plans on going with his S4. The AWD cars actually wont have a advantage off the line seeing that most of the rwd cars running at the event run slicks which which tend to pull well into the 1.3 60 ft times.

onemoremile
08-21-2007, 08:50 AM
Backhalfed rwd = slingshot. The suspension leverages the weight of the entire car onto the rear tires. A well tuned setup can carry the front tires an inch or two off the ground while putting down a ridiculous amount of power.

Here is a car that does a 1.313 60'. 9.06@148 All Motor
http://home.stny.rr.com/bark/www/FixedLaunch_s.jpg

mike-2ptzero
08-21-2007, 08:59 AM
Well that car would be on its bumper if it didn't have the wheelie bar on the back. Greg(400hpA4) has a video of his car at SAC raceway where a 8 second car pulls off the line with the front end up in the air.

AudiSportB5S4
08-21-2007, 09:16 AM
That would be Marc(11secS4) which has ran 10.7 just a few weeks ago. Problem is he also would need to add a roll bar to his car if he wanted to take it to the Pinks All Out event. I wonder if Mike of Wicked Motorsport plans on going with his S4. The AWD cars actually wont have a advantage off the line seeing that most of the rwd cars running at the event run slicks which which tend to pull well into the 1.3 60 ft times.

you're obviously not in the S4 threads that much, he changed his name to 10secS4... lol. he's so funny. [:D]

mike-2ptzero
08-21-2007, 09:23 AM
you're obviously not in the S4 threads that much, he changed his name to 10secS4... lol. he's so funny. [:D]

Oh I know he changed it, but then he changes his name often. Even does it weekly on Audiworld. I am waiting for him to post up a video of him running at the track with just a seat mounted to the frame and no body. [;)]

MikeWasHere05
08-21-2007, 09:34 AM
As a little side fun piece of information, a girl I'm friends with, her brothers were on an episode of PINKS.