PDA

View Full Version : New Member/Owner

97_0000_A4
08-20-2007, 05:20 PM
Just bought my first Audi, thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Eric and I just purchaseed a A4. I was browsing the newspaper classifieds and saw a new listing for a A4. I called the lady and the deal seemed too good to be true. It's a 1997 A4 1.8T FWD with 32,750 miles. The car is green with cream/beige interior. She wanted $5200 so I offered her $5K and I drove the car home the next day. Apparently her ex-husband bought the car for her son who was moving away, and she didn't need the car anymore. She recently took it to the dealership and they wanted to charge her $2500 for maintanence on the timing belt and accesories. I assume the dealership had been jacking this poor old lady for a while after having talked with her in person and when I ran the carfax I was right. The car had 32K and had been into the dealership at every 3K since it was new. Who knows how much they stole from her. But, her loss, my gain. I currently don't have any pics but ill post em up as soon as a I take some. The car is a little rough around the edges but most of it is little dings and scratchs, nothing major, and the car doesn't have a CD player and needs a new front valance. Just needs some minor TLC. I've been in and out of the hospital so I don't have the energy to wash or take pics of the car, but Ill get around to it soon enough. I have already started buying parts, let me know if you think Ive got a good deal here and point me in the right direction if there is something you guys think I should do.

1997 Audi A4 1.8T FWD Auto - $5000

2003 Audi 17" Sport Wheels w/ OEM centercaps (used, local pickup)- $175
4 Faulken 512's 235/45R17 (new, off ebay)- $348 shipped
Tein Springs - $138
Front Spoiler OEM- $56
Column Pod (52mm) and T-connecter (anti buzz)- $33
AWE 52mm boost/vac gauge- $99

Im having a friend mount and balance tires for free, and I plan on installing the springs and gauge myself. With shipping and tax I still only have about $5700 in the car. Do you think I need struts with such a conservative drop? And what is the stock Auto Gear ratio? What do you think I could sell the car for if I decided to drop it?

Thanks, guys!

GramCracker
08-20-2007, 05:21 PM
Welcome! Everyone is great here. You'll have a great time. Just make sure you search before you post (everyone gets shit for it). Happy Audi-ing!

btw, chip it ASAP. Best power for your money! APR or GIAC

e/ Timing belt and stuff is usualy done at around 60-70k miles....

97_0000_A4
08-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Welcome! Everyone is great here. You'll have a great time. Just make sure you search before you post (everyone gets shit for it). Happy Audi-ing!

btw, chip it ASAP. Best power for your money! APR or GIAC

e/ Timing belt and stuff is usualy done at around 60-70k miles....

New to this forum, not forums, trust me I searched for member reviews on most the parts before I bought them. Hopefully I didn't ask any questions that could be easily searched.

bandit
08-20-2007, 05:33 PM
Welcome! Audizine is here for all your B5 needs.

97_0000_A4
08-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Welcome! Audizine is here for all your B5 needs.

Good, I posted on audiforums.com and they can suck a nut, that forum is jacked!

Is there any Audi specific magazines out there that are decent? Not bling, but performance?

4ringAR
08-20-2007, 05:40 PM
although personally i like AWD, it isnt really necessary in florida. and if i got another b5, i would get a manual, but having auto wont be the end of the world. plus it sounds like you got an incredible deal with those low miles.

sounds like you already have some good mods lined up, but as posted above, a chip is the best hp for your dollar mod. $400 and it is around 50hp. im hoping to get chipped soon-ish.

97_0000_A4
08-20-2007, 09:17 PM
although personally i like AWD, it isnt really necessary in florida. and if i got another b5, i would get a manual, but having auto wont be the end of the world. plus it sounds like you got an incredible deal with those low miles.

sounds like you already have some good mods lined up, but as posted above, a chip is the best hp for your dollar mod. $400 and it is around 50hp. im hoping to get chipped soon-ish.

Well, I don't really have them lined up, I have already purchased those parts. I know the chip is the best bang for the buck, but the car needs some paint & body work b4 I dip into performance. Im actually quite happy with the performance from the car, auto and all. My other car is a corvette, this is basically a daily and sales call car. Here is a link to my fquick account if you want to check out the vette.

www.fquick.com/esnyder (the myspace for cars)

Just got a call from my bud and he ordered the tein springs instead of the eibachs, better look & price he said. I just hope I don't need new struts right away. Anyway $138 for brand new tein's.

A4-99-2.8
08-20-2007, 09:24 PM
Welcome...sorry it's an auto.

To each his own.

97_0000_A4
08-20-2007, 09:32 PM

It's okay, my fast car is a 6-speed[:D]

GR-RALLYE
08-20-2007, 11:13 PM

To each his own.

sorry you have a 2.8[:p] lol sorry couldn't help it.

but damn man you got a good deal around here a 97 goes for 8k with ~100k miles on them 10k for a 99.5 its ridiculous

jman8806
08-21-2007, 12:24 AM
good deal my man, welcome