PDA

View Full Version : CxRacing FMIC-(secondary air pump)

scottykenneth
08-20-2007, 04:16 PM
ok- I have no room for the passenger side pipes from my Cxracing FMIC- the Secondary air pump is rt in the way- any way of just unbolting it and try to make room?

what did you guys do about this-?

thanks

fred2ka4
08-20-2007, 04:23 PM
I removed mine and did the piping first and then reinstalled it sideways with a custom homemade bracket. I then attached a breather filter and it was good to go. I just made sure to install it in such a way so that the factory connectors could still be connected without trying to lengthen them. It works great.

scottykenneth
08-20-2007, 05:13 PM
ok thanks- looks like I'm gonna have to do the same thing

phoneyman
08-20-2007, 07:33 PM
has anybody removed this system? Ive heard it can be blocked off and removed but I do not know the consequences of this besides having more room?

fred2ka4
08-20-2007, 08:08 PM
has anybody removed this system? Ive heard it can be blocked off and removed but I do not know the consequences of this besides having more room?

It will throw a cell and you will not pass smog. But if you don't mind he cell you can leave it off until it is time to have the car smogged and then put it back on.

SurferForever
08-20-2007, 09:35 PM
if smog doesnt matter is there anyway to bypass the cel?

phoneyman
08-21-2007, 12:47 PM
It will throw a cell and you will not pass smog. But if you don't mind he cell you can leave it off until it is time to have the car smogged and then put it back on.

I am soon putting in a TP on an ATW so I think I will have a cel anyways forever. And my car just happens to be registered out of a city area so I never have to be DEQ'd thank god. Whats the system even do if you can just take it off with no ill effects?

scottykenneth
08-21-2007, 01:58 PM
ok_ i had to relocate mine- but how loud is it actually? I had to relocate behind my intake in the engine bay- good idea or not?

there was no room once I put the intercooler pipes in-

let me know- I havn't started the car yet--not until 2morrow- pouring over here in Jersey--

SurferForever
08-21-2007, 02:03 PM
ok_ i had to relocate mine- but how loud is it actually? I had to relocate behind my intake in the engine bay- good idea or not?

there was no room once I put the intercooler pipes in-

let me know- I havn't started the car yet--not until 2morrow- pouring over here in Jersey--

Where in jersey are you? Stopped raining over here. Start that bitch up

EuroA4
08-21-2007, 06:56 PM

This is exactly what I have done...just plug it back in and rest it on the frame under the air filter when I need to pass inspection once a year. The CEL is on, but I check for other codes every oil change, so its not a big deal. I have a small filter on the open breather tube after removing the pump. Only a little louder upon start up (when its plugged in)...it does not function after the car is warmed up.

Durkin
08-21-2007, 07:40 PM
if smog doesnt matter is there anyway to bypass the cel?

i've tried finding this out also, in SC they don't have inspection... So to bump this question again...

K04B5
12-03-2007, 05:35 PM
bump... i also will have this same problem once i install my fmic soon. any ideas of how to remove it without geting a CEL?

audiFUEGO
12-03-2007, 05:41 PM
i relocated mine to sit under my intake. I have a Ubend with a cone filter so there is considerable room down there. The only ill effect is that during warm up, it SAI pump is much louder since now its resting on the frame and not hanging in mid-air.

The sound only comes on when u first start the car in the morning.

ILoveT
12-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Diode

Vreihenmotor6
12-03-2007, 05:53 PM
I don't think a diode alone will solve the cel issue

scottykenneth
12-03-2007, 09:03 PM
I relocated mine under the intake too- no problems no cell

audiFUEGO
12-03-2007, 09:07 PM
High five, verr niice.

eurostylzmk4
12-03-2007, 09:14 PM
I dont know as far as on the audi .. nor would I assume it would be different since its the same motor. But anyway on my GTI I removed the Secondary air system without any codes. granted I removed the N249 and N75 as well