PDA

View Full Version : VAG com reprogramming

AnthraciteA4
08-19-2007, 10:56 PM
So I am just finding out that alot of our parts can/have to be reprogrammed. Does anyone have experience setting up new key fobs with VAGCOM? I only have one, but now that I am away from home for a week at a time, I would like to have a second without shelling out $200+ at a stealership.

Also I want to replace my gauge cluster with one that isn't scratched to hell and has a trip computer. My car is not equipped with a trip computer. Am I screwed unless I rewire things, or can it be reprogrammed to play nice with the rest of the car?

offroader1006
08-28-2007, 01:48 PM
with the key fob,

put one key in the IGN,

put the other in the door, lock with the key in the door and press and hold the lock button on the remote for a few seconds, then unlock and press the unlock button for a few seconds, you may have to redo the one in the IGN when your done.

its very simple, might take a few tries to get it right

maxspeed
08-30-2007, 01:34 PM
with the key fob,

put one key in the IGN,

put the other in the door, lock with the key in the door and press and hold the lock button on the remote for a few seconds, then unlock and press the unlock button for a few seconds, you may have to redo the one in the IGN when your done.

its very simple, might take a few tries to get it right

is this still possible if you only have vanity keys left?

offroader1006
08-30-2007, 04:59 PM
as long as you have an ignition key, it is possible.