PDA

View Full Version : brake pad question

audi rick
08-18-2007, 01:57 PM
the car is starting to get hard to stop so i am looking for a better street pad. so what would you guys suggest. metex blue or red was one that my budddy sugested. so what do you all think?

20vpower
08-18-2007, 02:37 PM
if u want a dusty/ squeaky pad get a mintex red, i got those in the front. in the back however i have pbr ceramics, which are quiet and not dusty

ShawFM
08-18-2007, 05:22 PM
I have the PBR / Axxiss Ceramic pads on the front and rear of both of our cars. I love them so does she.

seatown88
08-18-2007, 08:05 PM
mintex red box need a little heat in them to reach their full potential, but too much and they overheat and turn to crap quickly, happened to me at a track day. i still like mintex red box for the street

libtech75
08-22-2007, 08:36 AM
I have Mintex Reds, and they don't squeak at all. They produce a little dust, but substantially less than stock. Overall I would recommend them.

I looked into Hawks, but for street driving I think it's overkill. If you have poor brake feel, invest in a brake fluid flush. I did with ATE Super Blue and that solved my poor braking experience alot more than replacing my pads did.

AudiRacerS4
08-22-2007, 08:39 AM
i have mintex reds and love them even though they are squeaky as hell and make a lot of dust the bite is nice and is great for street and an occasional auto x session

onemoremile
08-22-2007, 05:36 PM
I have the PBR / Axxiss Ceramic pads on the front and rear of both of our cars. I love them so does she.

Best pads I've used. [race][up]