PDA

View Full Version : what the heck is this thing? small new stuff too PICS

bastosmafka
08-15-2007, 12:52 PM
so basically it all started when my friend wanted to race me with his nissan 200sx he just bought. got pretty pissed off when he kept up with my car. his car was gutted with little power but mann that weight reduction helped a whole lot. so the next day i decide to gut the back of my car out. and i find THIS under the right rear passenger seat. what do you think that is? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/ic1lazyfilipino/DSC00228.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/ic1lazyfilipino/DSC00227.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/ic1lazyfilipino/DSC00222.jpg

and also heres some new stuff for kicks.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/ic1lazyfilipino/IMG_4516.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/ic1lazyfilipino/IMG_4520.jpg
still need to polish the tails. dont have time to.

Bic-Ball
08-15-2007, 01:09 PM
probably something to do with the radio or an aftermarket alarm.

SurferForever
08-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Def an aftermarket alarm parts. possible part of a remote start system. Open that box and see if there is room for a key in there.

bastosmafka
08-15-2007, 01:32 PM
aftermarket alarm parts? but i dont have an aftermarket alarm but i do have an aftermarket radio... ill open it up when im at work and see what happens.. ill post up updates help me out! oh wait what if i press that red button? ahah wonder what thats for.

sixfiveoh
08-15-2007, 01:35 PM
Dude put your seat back in.

I used to have a 200sx. Those things are pieces of shit. You drive an Audi. Keep the luxury factor, if you want to be faster, upgrade your motor. Just my .02

Even on 10secS4's car, I think it's a little ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, the car is an absolute beast and one of the sickest S4s I've ever seen, but he has no dash, seats, airbags, anything. There's other fast cars out there, why'd you buy an Audi? I don't know, I just like comfort.

jm121189
08-15-2007, 01:55 PM
i wonder what that little red button does in the first pic[:D]

jlien08
08-15-2007, 01:58 PM
push the button... do it.

ActiveMonkey
08-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Dude put your seat back in.

I used to have a 200sx. Those things are pieces of shit. You drive an Audi. Keep the luxury factor, if you want to be faster, upgrade your motor. Just my .02

Though i agree with you for every day driving... but when i go to the track i strip the Audi down. No spare, sub, rear seats, floor mats, seat belts, trunk mat, etc. I leave the front seats in and don't even want to think about removing the dash, but for the track i take out as much as i can.

sixfiveoh
08-15-2007, 02:46 PM
Yeah, I guess if you're gonna track it that does make sense. Btw, what the hell is your avatar, I could never figure it out [:p]

speedydragon
08-15-2007, 03:28 PM

must press every visible button! haha

TMorris
08-15-2007, 03:28 PM
aftermarket alarm X2. I found something like that in my old jeep and thats what it turned out to be

Teabag
08-15-2007, 03:34 PM
its an aftermarket alarm and im pretty sure that little red button is either a panic putton or a button to disable the device

GramCracker
08-15-2007, 03:45 PM

naws

DGAFxxx
08-15-2007, 08:16 PM

Valet button. Definately an aftermarket alarm.

onemoremile
08-15-2007, 08:20 PM
Looks like a hack job too.

Lazer Viking
08-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Looks like a hack job too.

i was thinking the same, if i saw that on my car i would probably check the rest of the wiring in the car

Kyle H
08-15-2007, 09:18 PM

ejection seat?

.aye four.
08-15-2007, 09:28 PM
so basically it all started when my friend wanted to race me with his nissan 200sx he just bought. got pretty pissed off when he kept up with my car. his car was gutted with little power but mann that weight reduction helped a whole lot. so the next day i decide to gut the back of my car out. and i find THIS under the right rear passenger seat. what do you think that is?

Dude I swore I saw you a few days ago in either Union City/Fremont can't remember. I am here visiting for a few weeks but I don't have my car. Do you guys have any euro meets over here?

gotaudi
08-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Valet button. Definately an aftermarket alarm.

Our car comes with the valet program from the factory[:D]..... Audi FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Audi is always thinking. [race]

bastosmafka
08-15-2007, 09:39 PM
im scared to push the button. it could be a reset button/valet button/panic button. SCARY! well anyways i dont know where to start with the wiring. i actually found out the model number and stuff. RF-1055KE autopage alarm. Theres no key inside the little black box, i checked.

i actually like the way the car handles with less weight but i don't want to keep it like that for too long. now who could i go to to wire this thing up. and also how do i know if my central locking system is working? cause that pump sounds like its trying to work but no go. it all stopped after i got in a car accident involving an vietnamese lady in a honda oddessy with those big ass sun visors in her face. any thread to search for to repair or see if its damaged?

neter
08-16-2007, 08:12 AM
def a aftermarket alarm with the disable button in case the remote battery dies

audiFUEGO
08-16-2007, 10:28 AM
Yeah, I guess if you're gonna track it that does make sense. Btw, what the hell is your avatar, I could never figure it out [:p]

His avatar is a pic of a glowing hot k03... i took a very similar pic

bastosmafka
08-16-2007, 11:42 AM
probably saw me around the fremont area. i school at wyotech in fremont. i see some audis around there but their assholes and dont wave back [mad]

xr4tic
08-16-2007, 11:59 AM
looks like a government-issued "black box" designed to spy on you.

If you push the button, within 3 minutes you'll be surrounded by FBI agents with big guns.

The install is kind of sloppy because secret agents dont have a lot of time to install the box - get in, install, get out. making it look nice isn't part of their job.

djxtreme
08-16-2007, 03:48 PM
bomb. definitely a bomb.

bastosmafka
08-16-2007, 07:27 PM
I pressed the red button and nothing happened I drove the car all the way home and I could hear the central locking system pumping when I press the buttons on the remote but no go.

Imma call the autopage place and see if I can get installation instructions.

Oh yeah I found some very nice brand new audi center caps at my work. Anyone want em? Ill take em and you buy for cheap or ill let you steal it at my work haha.

dylan_parrish
08-16-2007, 07:33 PM
where are the DOPE decals coming from. i was going to have one made but i want to know if i can just buy one?

bastosmafka
08-16-2007, 08:24 PM
I made it cause I was too lazy to find the maker or go to a sticker shop. Traced out the audi emblem I shaved off then perfectly cut it with an exacto knife. Perfectly cut dope sticker!

lml999
08-16-2007, 08:54 PM
I pressed the red button and nothing happened I drove the car all the way home and I could hear the central locking system pumping when I press the buttons on the remote but no go.

Imma call the autopage place and see if I can get installation instructions.

Oh yeah I found some very nice brand new audi center caps at my work. Anyone want em? Ill take em and you buy for cheap or ill let you steal it at my work haha.

Imma call? Translation please?

Oh, and ripping off your employer?

And tearing up your Audi so that you can remove 8 lbs and be faster than some other yahoo?

I think you get today's award for PWS.

Whatever.

bastosmafka
08-16-2007, 09:15 PM

And tearing up your Audi so that you can remove 8 lbs and be faster than some other yahoo?

Whatever.

who the heck are you to judge. being a jerk wont help anything.

Imma = just too lazy to type on a SIDEKICK

temporarily taking out the back things i dont need to see how much of a difference it would be.

and i was just messing around about the audi center caps. i wouldnt really do such a thing. thats why i was laughing at the end of my sentence jerk.

audiFUEGO
08-16-2007, 10:02 PM

Whatever.

Baaaaaahumbug! [az]

victorvu
08-17-2007, 02:08 AM
how come i never see you around? i live over here on hostetter and capitol

bastosmafka
08-18-2007, 10:37 AM
how come i never see you around? i live over here on hostetter and capitol

I'm rarely around hostetter although I did see a b6 a4 black with hids once around gordy and lundy. That was the only one I saw around that area.