PDA

View Full Version : spring/shock question

pyongwonse
08-14-2007, 03:18 PM
let me start with the usual 2000 1.8, fwd, 5sp.

obviously im looking to do a shock/spring combo. but i just wanted to match some shocks to go with my springs.

when i bought the car i was told that it had bilstein SPRINGS on it....but i cant seem to find any info on them for the b5...i did find some info for VW's...
is it a wrong install.. or wrong info?

any ideas?

littlewhite
08-14-2007, 03:38 PM
bilstein springs?? there are bilstein shocks and Coilovers.
H&R sport x Bilstein is a good combo. I went with H&R race & adj Bilstein. Firmer ride

pyongwonse
08-14-2007, 03:42 PM
i know that, ive done the research, i was just wondering if they were discontinued or any other reason why i cant find any real information about them

maybe he just didnt know what he was talking about..

97audia4
08-14-2007, 03:51 PM
i know that, ive done the research, i was just wondering if they were discontinued or any other reason why i cant find any real information about them

deff. didnt know what he was saying, jack the car up and look at the springs and see what they say maybe he ment Eiboc

littlewhite
08-14-2007, 04:27 PM

^ when u have a chance, try to see what spring and shock u got. Bilstein r yellow of course. Maybe is just bilstein shocks with oem springs or oem sport springs

pyongwonse
08-14-2007, 04:57 PM
hey said he only put springs on it. it rides pretty low, and im fairly certain that its just spring installed...bummer

littlewhite
08-14-2007, 09:39 PM
ic, well check what brand springs and invest in some new shocks. With just lower springs on do no gd on stock shocks.

pyongwonse
08-15-2007, 03:14 PM
i actually just looked under the car, and i have bilstein shocks...awesome.

anyway to check if i have springs to match? the car is about 1.5 dropped...is there a marking on the actual spring for me to find out if it is stock or not?

can i run stock springs with shocks that are meant for lowered cars??

littlewhite
08-15-2007, 07:26 PM
if i remember correctly OEM sport springs r red. Same with H&R race. Yes u can run stock springs and bilstein and it will be lower a bit since the bilstein r shorter