PDA

View Full Version : Milltek Owners

Hootie
08-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Hey just wondering if any of you have sounds clips of your Millteks??? I am trying to decide whether to get resonated or non-res. I dont want it to be too quiet, but on the other hand, I dont want it to be to loud. It will be run with a APT 3" test pipe, what are your opinions???

brlukosk
08-14-2007, 02:23 PM
STFA. Milltek is said to THE quietest exhaust made for our cars. I would think anything non resonated would be borderline "too loud." But noise is a very subjective word...

Militant-Grunt
08-14-2007, 02:40 PM
Not when you have no cats and no resonator its not quiet.

freeskiwp
08-14-2007, 03:10 PM
i have a non-resonated milltek.. I love the sound, not too loud at all, nice and deep, lots of compliments on how it sounds... If you buy the non resonated model, and end up wanting a resonator, I have a milltek resonator that orginally came with my exhaust. hit me up, ill sell it cheap..

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
08-14-2007, 03:14 PM
Not when you have no cats and no resonator its not quiet.
i dont have a cat and it's still "quiet"

jrodmk2
08-14-2007, 03:16 PM
no cat =very nice rumble. no clip for you though. non-resonated to me sounds like you have a honda. almost. i guy that lives up the street has the non. just too loud.

NJ_A4_Lion
08-14-2007, 03:29 PM
I have the resonated catback set-up. It has a distinct sound without being ostentatious...

no cat =very nice rumble. no clip for you though. non-resonated to me sounds like you have a honda. almost. i guy that lives up the street has the non. just too loud.

Hootie
08-14-2007, 04:14 PM
What would you guys suggest then... getting the resonated then just take it out if too quiet, or just buy the non-res, and put one in if too loud????

freeskiwp
08-14-2007, 05:03 PM
I have never heard a honda that sounds like my non resonated milltek..its very very deep. the guy i bought my exhaust from had purchased the resonated version, thought it was way too quiet, and had the resonator taken off. If i find the energy later i will post a sound clip...

Euro-Tuner
08-14-2007, 05:06 PM
I have the resonated version, it sounds awesome!!! doesnt drone on the highway, but when I get it up past 4 grand it rumbles like a beast, everytime I get on it and someone is driving behind me, they tell me it sounds soooo good.. I wouldnt do it differently

b00st
08-14-2007, 05:13 PM
i have the resonated with stock cat. i think its approriate for the audi brand. its not an obnoxious sound. no angry bees or anything.

JumboBlack1.8
08-14-2007, 06:42 PM
I've had my Milltek for a while, but just recently put in a 3" test pipe....and OHHH man!...the exhaust actually wakes up even more. The idle is deep, pops when you rev it, and has a really nice deep rumble. very crisp and sporty. And best of all, absolutely no droning, even in my avant. I'd say go with the resonated. Its obnoxious when you want it to be, but quiet enough not to annoy anyone