PDA

View Full Version : CTapp - questions after BT install

aytheory
08-13-2007, 08:31 PM
I have minor idle issues - but it is getting better - hopefully ecu can adjust to it.

There is a buzzing sound right in the driver side - like below the ecu
every 5 seconds it goes buzzzzzzzzz - i don't know if the sound is there when the engine starts - cuz the car is just wayy too loud - i am going to expect a ticket pretty soon

my maf readings are 1.0-1.5g at idle and once it adapts - it is a smooth idle

GT28RS - it pulls like a mother and fast as a mother

i have the mbc running with the n75 - and I think it is hitting 17psi right now - i think - i need someone to look at it while i drive.

Poopie
08-13-2007, 08:46 PM
I think that buzzing is normal. It could be that atmosphere pressure sensor. I'm not really sure.

Sounds like things are running pretty smooth. Do some logs and make sure your car is running good then bump up the boost to 22 psi =)

aytheory
08-13-2007, 09:02 PM
but i am running stock manifold - and i only have 91 octane in socal - not cool

I think the max i can go is 20 psi

- yes it is running pretty smooth - i am pretty happy with it - and at 17 psi the car is crazy and makes some crazy ricer sounds because of the open air element makes the DV go pissssst - and the 3" turbo back makes like 1-2 parked car on ever street alarm go off.

I like 17 right now - and going to go higher after i get a wideband on it.

Poopie
08-13-2007, 09:28 PM
don't you have like 104 oct at the pumps in cali? like 60% of the gas stations I went to had race gas. Mix it in with your 91 or run straight race fuel for some fun!

beejohn
08-13-2007, 09:30 PM
i don't know if you remember the previous posts of a ctapp az member with a 90mm ford maf, but he claimed he needed a straight section immediately after the maf housing to straighten the airflow. try that out.

Poopie
08-13-2007, 09:54 PM
if it aint broke don't fix it. If it idles smooth don't touch a thing. haha

gotaudi
08-13-2007, 10:07 PM
The car sounds like a beast.... Are you still in town? or did you head back? The sound of the intake is like a jet taking off under your hood... It scared me at first but now I kinda like it. Do you have any logs???? I would like to see timing, and maybe some intake temps (I dont think your core can handle the GTRS). I am glad to see it up and running.

aytheory
08-13-2007, 10:15 PM
i am going back up tonight - and coming back friday night - if you are free this weekend - we can go log the car - i'll come and drive over and we can get lunch

i did some log - the knock sensor's number look good around

stock clutch is holding up - which is crazy

aytheory
08-13-2007, 10:18 PM
also my heat shield for 5 dollars kicks ass - it actually works - went for a drive and i put my hand in where the intake is - and it was a bit warm - can't wait for the shielding material.

i ordered some T-clamps - and heat shield material -

also going to bring some cold air with some ducting work

gotaudi
08-13-2007, 10:19 PM
the stock clutch will hold until upper RPM's it will eventually sli up there, I think this happened to Poopie and gave him some wacky engine load readings causing the car to misfire. Yeah I will be here this weekend, Just give me a call the night before so I can charge my PDA and we will do some logging....

Let me know.

aytheory
08-13-2007, 10:26 PM
np - give you a call on friday night

Poopie
08-13-2007, 10:34 PM
if your stock clutch isn't slipping then you KNOW you're not making enough power =)

aytheory
08-14-2007, 01:58 AM
bwaahhaha - good point

Rosati
08-14-2007, 10:58 AM
You have a GTRS. A 28RS wont bolt to the stock manifold

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/Rosati/05-05-07_1846.jpg

I have The Tapp software as well. I bought along w/ the 93 program, a Meth/Alc injection program instead of the Race gas file.

My idle is non existent as of now. I have to hold the accelerator at lights and stops. I am running rich as hell right now, evident by my exhaust tips every day.

My intake setup is straight (not like the picture i posted) Make sure your MAF has a nice straight section

My plugs are fouled, after i replace them, if the idle doesnt correct itself , I will be calling chris , but im having problems vagging my car (therefore I cant log it) and adjust AFR

W/ my fmic, im at 20psi and adjustments still need to be made

Don Supreme
08-14-2007, 11:26 AM
^ Dam I love how that real 28rs looks in the engine bay. It should be a fun street car when you get it all worked out man.

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
08-14-2007, 11:29 AM
damn i was off yesterday rob i could have met with you and brought my lap top.

Rosati
08-14-2007, 06:08 PM
ah...

yeah thanks man, too bad it looks like shit now bc of the Tapp requirements for the intake and MAF