PDA

View Full Version : n75 valve...quick question

N8Cas
08-12-2007, 08:17 AM
Holy §H!+...don't put n75 valve in the search field, you'll get 11 pages of different threads. I've been reading them for over an hour now, and still can't decide on the proper n75 valve for my car.

My B5 A4: 1997 1.8T AEB DBC FWD 5-Speed with GIAC chip installed recently by AWE-tuning - part # PGL30A.V03

It's unbelievable all the info you get on the different versions of the n75..I've read a lot about each version, but would still like to hear some suggestions based on my exact situation

My uncle says go with the n75F, but what should I go with; the f, h, j, or K?

Where should I buy the valve from?

N8Cas
08-12-2007, 11:17 AM
bmp

Burntaudi
08-12-2007, 11:55 AM
F is the replacement or stock. It is smoother and hold a little more boost than the stock C valve. I recommend sticking with stock C or the F. Anything else will give more boost but could cause overboost problems. Unless the software is written for it stick with stock. Just because your getting more boost does not equal more power with the stock turbo. Heat = less power.

The F does work good and can be purchased at the dealer. For that matter f,J&H can be purchased at the dealer. Dahlbach is the only one that I know that sells the K.

N8Cas
08-12-2007, 12:19 PM
F is the replacement or stock. It is smoother and hold a little more boost than the stock C valve. I recommend sticking with stock C or the F. Anything else will give more boost but could cause overboost problems. Unless the software is written for it stick with stock. Just because your getting more boost does not equal more power with the stock turbo. Heat = less power.

The F does work good and can be purchased at the dealer. For that matter f,J&H can be purchased at the dealer. Dahlbach is the only one that I know that sells the K.

Thanks man, I was hoping to hear from someone who contributed to all those post I read this morning - I'm gonna go with the n75f valve - approx. 80 bucks probably?

N8Cas
08-12-2007, 12:22 PM
Can I get the n75f from a junk yard dealer? Or would it be best to buy a new part?? I'm not even sure where to start when looking for junk yard dealers in the Southern New England area..

Burntaudi
08-12-2007, 01:25 PM
I would get a new one. They do go bad. I have a F that was only a couple of years old that went bad. It was not boosting as high as it should for a long time and ended dying completely.

I think I paid around a $100.00 a month ago. But that is gonna vary depending on the dealer.

N8Cas
08-12-2007, 03:43 PM
thx

speedydragon
08-12-2007, 04:07 PM
since you're 97 with dbc, i'd go with the j or h. You won't have to deal with annoying limp modes as us dbw cars. You still have limp modes, but not as often as our cars.

HIERLEVELZ
08-12-2007, 09:49 PM
I would get a new one. They do go bad. I have a F that was only a couple of years old that went bad. It was not boosting as high as it should for a long time and ended dying completely.

I think I paid around a $100.00 a month ago. But that is gonna vary depending on the dealer.

So you're saying that these things go bad frquently? I have a similar problem where im only getting ~10psi on an apr 91oct chip.

Burntaudi
08-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Well I've had 2 go bad in 7 years of owning the car. I would say you have other issues if your only boosting 10 PSI. I was only seeing a 2-3 PSI drop till it died. When it did die I had a code for the N75 valve when I Vag'd it.

Have you Vag's your car or pressure tested it?

N8Cas
08-13-2007, 12:39 PM
since you're 97 with dbc, i'd go with the j or h. You won't have to deal with annoying limp modes as us dbw cars. You still have limp modes, but not as often as our cars.

Since it's a 97 DBC going with a n75j or n75h would give me more boost? I am not sure how much is written into my new GIAC chip.... I got the 400 dollar deal from AWE (I know, probably could have bought one for cheaper - especially used). I still have the stock turbo - MIGHT upgrade in the future.... The n75f is sellin' at my local dealership for 130$ will the the j or h cost more u think?