PDA

View Full Version : Help!! stripped valve cover

nAsTYaudi
08-11-2007, 12:49 PM
wtf!!! so i go to change my valve cover gasket and 3 of the nuts are stripped!!!!!! no wonder i'm fuckin leaking oil!!!! i'm praying its just the threads on the nuts and i can just replace them.. but what if the bolt threads are stripped??? then wtf am i suppose to do? i'm sick off fucking retards fucking up my car!!! i'm about to go trade it in for a brand new one and never let anyone touch it again!!!! sorry, i'm just furious right now.. i can't even count the number of things i've come acrossed that are broken from mechanics or idiot diy'ers.. so are theses bolts double tapped into the bottom and the cover? can i get a replacement set? it happened yesturday and i got soo pissed ijust closed the hood and walked away.. didn't even look at which part is stripped yet.. please please please be just the nut!!

onemoremile
08-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Go look at what is wrong so we can help you. A picture would be even better.

These look like studs to me. Usually you just double nut the end and use the bottom nut to remove. Double nut the new one and use the top nut to install.

im sofa king
08-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Should be a real simple fix if they are double threaded. Nothing to get too upset about. One more mile is right, it's that easy

Starting
08-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Those nuts should not be on very tight. Try using vice grips to get them off.

nAsTYaudi
08-11-2007, 02:01 PM
yup the studs and nut threads are both stripped.. on 3 of them. do you know where i can get replacement studs??