PDA

View Full Version : S4 Suspension & brakes

tr3fresco
08-11-2007, 09:50 AM
I just got the suspension (struts & springs) and brakes from a 2000 S4 but im not sure if it will fit on my 1999 A4 1.8T quattro. If you know if they will fit or not let me know.

Thanks in advance

Jereme
08-11-2007, 09:54 AM
yeah the suspension will fit, but due to the v6 the springs rates are much diffrent....

and the I know theres s4 brake conversion kits,so I don't see why they wouldnt work, but you'd have to search or let a few others chime in on that.

B5Burn
08-11-2007, 09:55 AM
Somone correct me if I am wrong, but I am quite positive the springs and struts will not work. They're setup to hold a heavier powerplant (6cyl, 2 turbo, 6 exhaust pipes...), this giving a 1.8T car a ridiculous 4x4 wheel gap... look over on AW, there is a guy who just installed the same gear and his ride is messed up (happened in the past week). It WILL work, but your car will look ridonkulous and who knows how it will handle.

Brakes I don't know.... those may be a good upgrade if they fit inside your wheels.

B

fred2ka4
08-11-2007, 10:03 AM
The brakes will work but you will need the S4 spinles to make it work as the hole spacing is different.

You can probably have some custom brackets made or someone might already make a kit but I am not sure.

Make sure to search first because these questions have been asked many times.

im sofa king
08-11-2007, 10:19 AM
I put S4 suspension on A4 2 weeks ago. What you will need to do is use the A4 springs and put them on the S4 shocks. Your car will be exactly the same height so if you are doing this in hopes of lowering your car, no dice. But they are right, if you used the S4 shocks and springs your car would be a bit higher especially in the front. But as I said, I did the transfer myself 2 weeks ago and it works great with the A4 springs.[up]

onemoremile
08-11-2007, 10:30 AM
I've also run the S4 struts with 1.8t springs. It was my winter setup and even did some track duty (with H-Sport bars). It is just like stock sport. The only reason to install the S4 struts is if your stock struts are bad.

Sell the brakes. If they are in decent condition you can get about 200 bucks for them in the classifieds.

tr3fresco
08-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the help. Yea my struts are bad, they are squeaking, thats the main reason im changin them.