PDA

View Full Version : Few n75 questions...

Jereme
08-08-2007, 08:17 PM
soo 1st off, If your in Limp mode, and you throw in a MBC, will the boost controller just add boost causing you to lean out..?Or will the ECU compensate for that?

Also, would you have any problems if you ran the MBC without the n75 plugged in.

I know theres the 2 and 3 prong MBC's. I have a 2 prong setup with one side running from the WG and the other to the turbo housing... I had my n75 just plugged in and sitting under the hood but I didnt have a clip and I lost the n75.

Rosati
08-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Leaning out will cause limp mode and throw a CEL The ECU will only compensate in a sense that the knock sensors come alive.

AKA if you knock too much or lean out too much, Then BOOM!

our 98.5's dont have limp mode.

I lost my n75 before as well when a Belt snapped and took it with it..... Get another one, or your in for a bumpy shaky ride

There was JUST a thread on this..... http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152717

Jereme
08-09-2007, 05:36 AM
well for the longest time I couldnt get outa of limp mode. I tried multiple n75's and it would work good for about a mile then it would only boost to 4-5 psi.

So I got a MBC, but I wasn't sure if I run 8-9psi, the ecu still thinks I should still only be running 4-5 causing me to lean out.

mike-2ptzero
08-09-2007, 05:55 AM
Leaning out will cause limp mode and throw a CEL The ECU will only compensate in a sense that the knock sensors come alive.

AKA if you knock too much or lean out too much, Then BOOM!

our 98.5's dont have limp mode.

I lost my n75 before as well when a Belt snapped and took it with it..... Get another one, or your in for a bumpy shaky ride

There was JUST a thread on this..... http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152717

Believe it or not there has been plenty of ndbw owners that have posted that their car was in limp mode. The ndbw ecu can pull the boost back when it senses a problem, it just do it for "over or under" boost issues like the dbw car does.

Jereme - You really need to figure out what is causing the ecu to go into limp, using a mbc is just going to be a bandaid to a problem you have now.

Jereme
08-09-2007, 06:14 AM
the two codes that I'm always pulling even after clearing them are

P0332-Knock sensor 2 low input

and

P1555- Charge Pressure upper limit exceeded

I think I might need a new Tb as well, after i did my head gasket I was pulling the codes.

P0123-Throttle/Pedal Pos Sensor A Circuit High Input

P1544-Throttle Acuation potentiometer Signal to high

P1545-Throttle pos. Control Malfunction

Rosati
08-09-2007, 07:19 AM
Mine definately doesnt have Limp mode

I thought you get out of limp mode by disconnecting the negative battery termainal for 15+ minutes.

As mike said, you have to figure out why you are leaning out and causing the engine to knock.