PDA

View Full Version : 97 A4 + Switchblade=NOT WORKING

AudiTurrbo19
08-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Ive done everything to try and get one of the three button switchblade keys to work, but nothing is working. Ive searched for the answer already and tried what they suggested. Is there some sort of trick or part that you have to get to make it work with the 97? Can anyone help me on this, not paying 40 bucks at the stealership.

NyteEscape
08-08-2007, 06:52 PM
lol, oh man...you have no idea...

ive been trying for two years now to no avail. i've tried with both the 2-button and 3-button and didn't get anything to work. i have a Vag-Com and i've tried 2 different methods with that. didn't work. dealer tried the simple key-in-door way and couldn't get it to work.

i have heard that some 97's have it working, some don't. i think it may come down to a mid-year upgrade or something. i don't know how to get it working.

hopefully some of you guys have a clue.

AudiTurrbo19
08-08-2007, 06:58 PM
I hope someone out there knows too... cause i really want the switchblade remote instead of the key and the remote separately. It should work cause i have keyless entry just not the two combined.

AudiTurrbo19
08-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Its really annoying...i can do the ignition thing and press the button on the remote and the lights will flash, then I wait five seconds and try and unlock it with the remote like you are supposed to do and nothing will happen.

TMorris
08-08-2007, 08:39 PM
The dealership wouldnt cut me a key. They told me it wouldnt work because they were year specific. It sounds a bit like stealership BS but whatever...im fine with the key

The1amRadio
08-08-2007, 08:59 PM
i'd like to get a blade style, but i have remote start, so it wouldn't be so great anyway. all my friends with vdubs have messed up switchblades because people always take them and open/close them mindlessly. my gf's switchblade just stopped opening so she went to the key and likes it a lot better.

GramCracker
08-09-2007, 07:11 AM
For my '97 I really wanted the switch blade key, so I went and got one. But, it needed to be programmed and the gentlemen at Audi said it wasn't possible. So my father went on eBay and bought instructions to code the key to the car, and to both of our surprise, it completely worked.

NyteEscape
08-09-2007, 07:47 AM
For my '97 I really wanted the switch blade key, so I went and got one. But, it needed to be programmed and the gentlemen at Audi said it wasn't possible. So my father went on eBay and bought instructions to code the key to the car, and to both of our surprise, it completely worked.

any chance we could get a look-see?

GramCracker
08-09-2007, 10:49 AM
Sure. If my dad still has the instructions. This was over a year and a half ago. I will still ask.

e/ So its available on eBay for 1 pound (approx 2.02 dollars). And I know it says it might/might not work for the '97. Let me tell you that it definately does because I did it.
http://tinyurl.com/286g6x

e/(again) Just talked with my father. He is positive that he saved it, its just a matter of finding it. If he cant, I will buy a copy and "let you know how it works out."

Matt@JHM
08-09-2007, 01:04 PM
I just bought it and ill post it... for 5 bucks!

Just playing, ill post it in the DIY section.

Matt@JHM
08-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Ok guys, give it a shot. If it works, ill post it in the DIY section. I'm at work right now and don't have my valet key to try it. Let me know if it works!

Try 1 or 2

You will need BOTH of your "switchblade" keys to reprogram one or both of them.

Take the key you DO NOT want to program and put it in the ignition. Turn it one click forward.

Close and lock the drivers door with the second key.

On the second key (the one in the drivers door) press the 'UNLOCK' button ONCE only. The lights will flash on the car, but the doors will remain locked

With the second key still in the drivers door, unlock then lock the door again.

Pull the key from the slot and test remote functions.

Open drivers door, remove key from ignition.

If both of your remotes don't work, do the above for the first key, but on step #3, press the 'UNLOCK' button twice. The lights will flash twice, then continue on with step #4.

Q: How do I reprogram the remote control?

A: 1. Take the valet key, put it into the ignition and turn the key to the "on" position, just prior to starting the car.

2. Roll down the driver's side window (not required, but a good idea in case there's a problem).

3. Exit the car and close the door.

4. With a second key, physically lock the doors (don't use a remote).

5. Take the first remote to be programmed, press one of the buttons and the lights will flash once. Wait 10 seconds and press the unlock button. The doors should unlock. That first transmitter is now programmed.

6. Lock the door again (physically) with the key, (not the remote).

7. Press one of the buttons twice, the lights will flash twice. Wait 10 seconds and press the unlock button. The doors should unlock. The second transmitter is now programmed.

For a third transmitter press the button 3 times and for a fourth press 4 times.

Make sure that to test the newly program remotes, the original key is removed from the ignition. Someone might be a bit frustrated trying to test it with it still in 'program' mode.

For Audi 04 2004 reg A4 TDi sport

1. put the key that you need to re-program in to the ignition

2. turn to ignition (But not switching the engine on)

3. hold the unlock button down for 10 seconds

4. turn off and test the remote

woofster
08-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Provided you bought a key with the correct FCC ID for your car, the remote should program itself. You need either the MZ2 410 819 6 4 (w/o trunk open) or MZ2 410 819 6 3 (w/trunk open) unit.

This is how I programmed mine:
- key 1 in ignition, turned to ON position (do not start car)
- key 2 in driver's side door lock outside
- open side window, reach outside and lock door with key 2
- press UNLOCK on remote (blinkers flash)
- wait about 5 seconds or press UNLOCK on another remote (to program multiple remotes)
- press UNLOCK again (blinkers flash, doors will unlock)
- turn key 1 to the OFF position and remove key from ignition lock cylinder
- remove key 2 from outside door lock and you're done!

AudiTurrbo19
08-09-2007, 07:41 PM
This is such bull shit I turn the ignition on get out lock the door manually press the unlock button three times cause its the third remote (first switchblade remote) the lights flash, I wait 10 seconds and press the unlock button and nothing happens. What the hell is the deal.