PDA

View Full Version : R8 Spotted at LAX on Thursday! BAD pic included.

stealthauto
08-07-2007, 11:49 PM
Hey all you Audi fanatics.... sorry to have not visited this site in so long! Anyways....I was lucky enough to run into an R8 on Thursday night at LAX on my way to NY. I have a HORRIBLE picture that I got from my cell phone just as I was jumping out of my cab and checking my luggage at the curb. After I snapped the shot, I walked up to the guy who stepped out of the car and asked about it. He simply said, "yes, it is an R8. One of two in the country." and then walked away as his girlfriend or wife drove off in the car!

Since my company Stealth Auto focuses more on BMW and Mercedes, I am not so in tune with the Audi market. Is this guy correct in saying it is one of 2 in the country or is he putting on a front?

http://www.stealthauto.com/store/images/laxr8.jpg

Anthony
08-07-2007, 11:54 PM
Wow, haven't seen you around in quite some time. And yeah, bad pic indeed. Can still make out that it's indeed an R8 though. To my knowledge they aren't yet available in The States, so it could be one of AoA's demo vehicles. The guy might work for Audi or an automotive publication of some sort.

MattboyR32
08-20-2007, 12:50 PM
I saw the same R8 parked at my hotel on Saturday night at the Marriott Marina Del Rey. Awesome car. Got Michigan trade plates on it.

Calabria
08-20-2007, 03:36 PM
theres more then 2 in the country, i saw in NYC a few weeks ago. Plus theres a guy who lives in the same city as me and works for audi, he has 1. theres gota be at least 5-6 in the country.

offroad911
08-20-2007, 07:11 PM
There have been as many as 100 pre-production R8's in the US for various launch programs. Press launch was first and they had about 25. Next came the VIP Exclusive Invitation drive in Las Vegas and they had another 25 with the press launch vehicles and another 20 or so at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. At the same time there were units at Road Atlanta for the dealer launch and training. AoA has about 20 units in and around their various national and regional offices. All are pre-production units which will eventually have to be returned to Ingolstadt as they are on a time sensitive "visa" so to speak. Some will be used as mules while most will be crushed. None can be sold.

offroad911
08-20-2007, 07:15 PM
There is one US spec R8 that should have delivered in late July or early August. The owner was high bidder at the Elton John Benefit, bidding $210,000.00. The other is a pre-production Euro spec that was "loaned" to Donald Trump for use at his MiraLago Resort in Florida until his ordered R8 is delivered, probably in early November with the other VIP cars.

Tiesto
08-20-2007, 07:29 PM
There is one US spec R8 that should have delivered in late July or early August. The owner was high bidder at the Elton John Benefit, bidding $210,000.00. The other is a pre-production Euro spec that was "loaned" to Donald Trump for use at his MiraLago Resort in Florida until his ordered R8 is delivered, probably in early November with the other VIP cars.

Good to know Trump knows where it's at when it comes to high end cars. [cool]

penskeaudi
08-21-2007, 08:02 AM
such an amazing car