PDA

View Full Version : Wiring from engine bay to dash?

Wilco
08-06-2007, 07:13 PM
So I'm wiring a power inverter directly to my battery (so I can have a built-in AC outlet in my center console), but I'm wondering where the best place is to run the wires from the engine bay into the dash compartment. Is there an opening somewhere on the firewall that will make this easy?

Is there a spot that is particularly easy for this, or is this going to turn into "the hardest thing I've ever done?" I was thinking somewhere near the ECU maybe, but I have no idea where to look. I'd like to minimize the amount of crap I'll have to unmount/remove in order to do this.

Any advice welcome!

keeganhartman
08-07-2007, 06:24 AM
passenger side from the engine bay... remove the battery cover and all and there is a large gromit there that you can just push aside and run the wire through .. it will come out right behind the glove box

RippleChip
08-07-2007, 10:14 AM
The easiest is to run through the ECU box and it comes out right under the dash.

Jereme
08-07-2007, 12:17 PM
The easiest is to run through the ECU box and it comes out right under the dash.

yeah thats what I always do...

Militant-Grunt
08-07-2007, 01:25 PM

X3