PDA

View Full Version : instrument cluster prob, a4 audi buy @ audi dealer

ElSnake
08-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Went to a Audi dealership last night and found black on black Audi a4 1.8tqm and i am about to buy(kinda signed a contract) the car but they had some things to fix like the abs light was on and the brake light was on also the instrument cluster was mostly dead and they told me they were going to fix it yesterday but they called my mom telling her that it was too expensive. what does that screen show? and how much does it really cost to fix(not at dealership) maybe ill just do it myself??? just parts cost

sixfiveoh
08-06-2007, 04:47 PM
The screen will show a bunch of data, how many miles you have left on the tank, your MPG, all your warning lights, when to service, etc. Mine has those dead pixels, and it's a huge PITA, it bothers the crap out of me. Try to squeeze it out of them to fix it, because at a dealer, it's anywhere from $700-$1000 to get done. If you want to do it yourself, you'd have to buy a whole new cluster (no, there's no way of just replacing the screen) for around $200 and get the mileage set to your exact mileage at a speedometer shop, which is around $150-$200. I should be doing this pretty soon, because it's starting to frustrate the crap out of me.

offroader1006
08-06-2007, 04:51 PM
yeha, tell them, no fixy, no buy

ElSnake
08-06-2007, 05:03 PM
no fixy no buy! lol yeah i want to say that but i dont want to risk it either!! F$#%! although i am paying a good money for it.....12k after tax should i tell them to lower the price like 400 500??? or what

Ewok_Fetus
08-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Shit, for $12000 you could have bought my 01 with GOOD pixles... But I traded it in for a Magnum... Spanking sexy car too with low miles and all maintenance done... $12k seems high though...

ElSnake
08-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Audi Dealership! <-- 10 something with out the taxes. do u know how hard i have been looking!! 4months now!! how much should i ask to them to lower the price

needforspd
08-06-2007, 05:42 PM
what year and how many miles on the car?

Poopie
08-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Is it certified and does it have any sort of warranty? I'm suprised audi would sell a car with and ABS and needs brakes. I would try and fight till the end to get that screen replaced if you are getting raped at 12g. I hope it only has like 50k miles on it.

sixfiveoh
08-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Word, I feel like I got raped when I bought my 01 for 11,700. Although it was in pristine condition with sport package and 47k, I still feel like I could have gotten a better deal. Plus my damn pixels are dead [headbang]

DGAFxxx
08-06-2007, 06:50 PM
It's the audi dealer. If they told you they would fix it, they should fix it. There is nothing I hate more than a salesman that can't back up there word, they promise you this and that, but don't deliver in the end. You need to put your foot down, tell them you were promised it would be fixed, and if they don't you will walk away. Make sure they put everything in writing that they say they will fix. Plus they are the dealer so they are getting wholesale cost on all the parts anyways. I would walk away right now if I were you.

ElSnake
08-06-2007, 07:38 PM
good news i am walking away!! WOO HOOO bad news i don't know yet....hahahha called them and told them i wasnt going to buy the car because they said they were going to fix that problem.... but the chick wasn't there. well my cousin called me up (works at a dealership -acura honda and some other brand) hes some kinda of top guy there and he said that he was going to look for one for me! so i might be getting a newer one b6 a4 1.8tqm! i feel dumb i didn't ask him b4

form an s4
to b5 a4
to a b6 a4
damn i need to make my mind!! hahahah

sixfiveoh
08-06-2007, 07:41 PM
good news i am walking away!! WOO HOOO bad news i don't know yet....hahahha called them and told them i wasnt going to buy the car because they said they were going to fix that problem.... but the chick wasn't there. well my cousin called me up (works at a dealership -acura honda and some other brand) hes some kinda of top guy there and he said that he was going to look for one for me! so i might be getting a newer one b6 a4 1.8tqm! i feel dumb i didn't ask him b4

form an s4
to b5 a4
to a b6 a4
damn i need to make my mind!! hahahah

I love the B6. But if you're gonna get one, get the 6spd. If not, you're better off staying B5.

Poopie
08-06-2007, 07:45 PM
^^ fo sho but i doubt a 2004 is in his price range.

ElSnake
08-06-2007, 08:58 PM
price range?....so 6spd..y?? but ill be getting this car really cheap... i don't know y he never told me he could get one probably because he didn't think i was serious. just an example he got a 2004 s4 trade-in for like $16k....i had no idea! damn im hoping he gets me a damn good deal

MikeWasHere05
08-06-2007, 09:11 PM
I know the thread is kinda past that point, but think of it this way. If you signed a contract saying you would buy the car and tried to weasel your way out, the dealership wouldn't let you. If the dealership signed a contract saying it would fix the problems and tries to not fix them, why let them weasel their way out?

ElSnake
08-06-2007, 09:20 PM
yes i know im afraid of the contract.....i would be happy either way to tell u the truth[:D] but the b6 is looking real nice right now...ill keep u guys posted on what happens tomorrow.

SurferForever
08-06-2007, 09:55 PM
If its in the contract they have to fix it

speedydragon
08-06-2007, 10:30 PM
price range?....so 6spd..y?? but ill be getting this car really cheap... i don't know y he never told me he could get one probably because he didn't think i was serious. just an example he got a 2004 s4 trade-in for like $16k....i had no idea! damn im hoping he gets me a damn good deal

wow...s4 owner got only16k back?!?! back then a brand new b6 s4 with options was around 60k out the door! 3 yeas later, he/she lost over 40k of investments! Stealerships they are... :| sicne they can sell the b6 s4 back for around 35k +/-

onemoremile
08-07-2007, 05:58 AM
Don't blame the dealerships, blame their customers. Dealerships can't force someone to over pay or accept tiny amounts for their trades. Dealerships thrive on emotionally driven people that are bad at applied math. Don't be that guy.

Don't sign paperwork until you are ready to buy the car. Don't sign to hold a car or any crap like that. Sign a purchase agreement only when ready to purchase. Don't sign it until the "We owe" form is completed and signed by the sales rep and the manager. This is the sheet promising to repair or add certain items like fixing the ABS module and cluster or adding mudflaps or a trailer hitch.

offroader1006
08-07-2007, 03:49 PM
extremely true.

biketsai
08-07-2007, 04:03 PM
pics ASAP

ElSnake
08-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Dealer called back saying that they were going to fix it at no cost to me after all...i said i didn't want the car!......

ElSnake
08-13-2007, 04:46 PM
Now its Timing belt/water pump problem. car has 79k miles and the dealer said that it didnt need to be changed??? It should be changed by now right!? 60k miles to be safe?

speedydragon
08-13-2007, 05:04 PM
so, what car did you end up getting? 60k-70k should be the time to change timing belt, as wells as the water pump and tensioners. While you're at it, upgrade your motor mounts with the apr ones.

ElSnake
08-13-2007, 05:18 PM
Non yet but todays my FN BDAY and i said i was going to get it b4 my bday so....IM mad but that audi dealer is a pain in the ass they say no it doesnt need it yet......thinking of just getting it and buying the tb kit + ^^^what u said and do it my self, been reading that it cost to much to get someone to do it...i think i can manage!

onemoremile
08-13-2007, 06:23 PM
Tell them you'll buy the car if they change all the belts and water pump. All Audi dealerships know the timing belts fail prematurely. My dealership had a row of bent valves right behind the service writer to show those that thought they didn't need it done.

ElSnake
08-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Well i already told them i would buy it, if they fixed the instrument cluster and they are now....but i still want to c if i can get the tb doneif not ill just do it myself probly ask them to jack down the price a little...

onemoremile
08-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Ask them to do it for nothing. No sense in buying a car that you know needs work - especially from a dealership.

ElSnake
08-13-2007, 09:14 PM
yeah but id still buy it! ;) believe ME I'M NOT BUYING THIS CAR BECAUSE its at a dealer, i would prefer a private sale CUZ I GOT CASH MONEY! but thats the only one that i can find with what i want[az][drive]

ElSnake
08-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Found another Audi what do you guys think about this one, Audi A4 1.8tqm silver sports package heated seats and 52,000 miles for $11000 Private seller. I already checked the car out, it has two dents one on the passenger side and one in the rear by the trunk. The top part of the trunk had a scratch that was kind of long, She had alot of maintenance records done buy Audi. Needs new tiers < First thing I'm doing is suspension and rims.... Only has one key which the lock unlock don't work maybe needs new battery and the key part fall off the remote easily. ALSO instrument cluster WAS IN PERFECT CONDITION!! ;)

Carfax had nothing on it besides that they sold it....

Would post pics if i knew how [confused]