PDA

View Full Version : people with bad ABS modules

offroader1006
08-06-2007, 04:37 PM
what are the codes yours is throwing.

mine threw an instrument cluster communication code, and a general communication code, but about a month after i repaired mine, i get a front wheel speed sensor code.

i havent put a scope on it to check the sensor yet. but i am wondering if i really do have a bad sensor, and the ABS module is fine still.

does anyone had a wheel speed sensor code along with the other general dead ABS codes?

and if anyone has a dead one lying around care to ship it to me?

i want to try to repair one again.

let me know what you want for it.

Kyle H
08-06-2007, 09:24 PM
IIRC, when the abs control module dies, you lose all communication with the car over OBDII.

I failed smog because of that. [:(]

fr3nz33
08-06-2007, 09:40 PM
mines been like that since i bought it, and the obdII works fine...

i forget the code im throwing, but i just dont care anymore!

daesharacor
08-07-2007, 05:30 AM
IIRC, when the abs control module dies, you lose all communication with the car over OBDII.

I failed smog because of that. [:(]

I think he meant that you lose obdII communication with the abs module in vag-com after the control module dies, not a loss of total communication with the car. :)

darth tater
08-07-2007, 07:41 AM
actually it locks up the communicatons when it dies in its most common mode of failure and you can't connect to some of hte modules.

Easiest test is to unplug the ABS module and see if you get communications back.

offroader1006
08-07-2007, 03:46 PM
mine was like that before i repaired it, which is why i think its still fine.

i can communicate with everything including the abs module itself.

Rosati
08-07-2007, 03:52 PM
The actual module can interfere w/ vagging.

Unplug the module when you vag, even after doing so, I still cant vag my car.

CaSp3r9
08-07-2007, 05:17 PM
My ABS module is bad and I can still connect to my car, just no response from my ABS module. I even passed DEQ with my clusterfuck of ABS and airbag lights flashing at the guy haha