PDA

View Full Version : Need help with intake

FrancoTheTanko
08-06-2007, 03:28 PM
I have the 225TT 3" MAF for the hammer file but I can't find anything online on how to get it to fit. I know that if I want to keep the stock airbox, I'll have to get an adapter of some sort, but would it be easier to get a 3" CAI if they sell them for pur cars?

Sal R.
08-06-2007, 03:36 PM
I have the 225TT 3" MAF for the hammer file but I can't find anything online on how to get it to fit. I know that if I want to keep the stock airbox, I'll have to get an adapter of some sort, but would it be easier to get a 3" CAI if they sell them for pur cars?

No one makes an intake/TIP to accept the 3" MAF and necks down to the K04 inlet.

Trust me, as a fellow Hammer file user, I know.

The only intake that can accept the 3" MAF is the carbonio setup. Even then you will gotta grind away to get the MAF to fit. From there, you can stretch the OEM TIP over the MAF or get an adaptor/reducer.

Me? I, literally, scrapped my attempts to make a custom MAF bracket and went w/ the carbonio setup and am in the proccess of having a custom TIP made to fit my setup.

FrancoTheTanko
08-06-2007, 03:43 PM
I actually didn't get the software yet, how is it? I'm gonna send my euc in next week when I get out of work.

I can't boar out the stock airbox hole to fit the 3" diameter?

Sal R.
08-06-2007, 05:02 PM
I actually didn't get the software yet, how is it? I'm gonna send my euc in next week when I get out of work.

I can't boar out the stock airbox hole to fit the 3" diameter?

You can, but you'll have a b- of a time stretching over the OEM TIP. Like I said, you'll an adaptor/reducer.

As far as SW goes, I like it. Could always use more, but not worth the headaches when it comes to '01 BT kits. At least, to me.

A decent compromise between releability and performance for the buck.

FrancoTheTanko
08-06-2007, 05:21 PM
thanks. I'll try to look for an adaptor of some sort. Yea I need something more reliable also.