PDA

View Full Version : Installed Koni coilovers, lowered car, hit raccoon, car struggles to start!!!

karmad
08-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Hello people,

Last week on Wednesday i got my koni c/o installed and lowered my Audi A4 1.8tqt APR 93(sorry no pics yet), but anyways i was following someone and they went over a dead raccoon on the road, his car went right over it while mine smashed over it due to height of course. I was pissed, when this happened because it was too late for me to dodge it. Anyways i kept driving and after awhile i started to notice a scrapping sound coming from the front of the car, @ first i thought i was draggin this raccoon then got out of the car to notice it was just my belly pan which was smashed . I tried to put back up but it wasnt cooperating so i ripped it off. After this i continued to a carwash to clean off blood and such, it was a touchless carwash with a under-body/rust inhibitor(bad news). After I then cont' to my destination and turned my car off. When i came back to start it, my car struggled to start, after a few cranks it turned over and i thought my plugs were going. The next day i went to another car wash with same under-spray and went home right after and turned car off again i left it for 15 min and came back to car and it didnt start again, after like 7 times car turned over and then everything was reset(radio locked, windows not one touch, etc), but the car seemed faster and was boosting like crzy i could hear turbo spooling in 5th gear which i never really did hear b4. Anyways after all this i vag'd car and came up with:

01206 - Signal for Duration of Ignition Off Time
27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

i searched the net(ie AW, Audizine, Google, Wiki vag, Bentley) and couldnt find why water would do this and why my car ended up being or feeling faster. Could someone tell me wat water would do to a running engine?

As well is this my ignition coil and if so why does it seem like battery is dying when im turnin it over?

Durin my investigation i also noticed that my Xenon lights were set @ 00012 but the list didnt have this as an option it actually skipped 12 all together and went to 13. Is this setting right? or should i set it to correct setting

Should i also do a throttle body since car reset?

Thnx in advance

sixfiveoh
08-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Sweet. Sounds like a good thing. Lol. Sorry I can't help you, but did you spray the motor directly? Sounded like you just sprayed the bumper, might be just a coincidence.

quattro16
08-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Wtf!

Lazer Viking
08-05-2007, 08:09 PM
was hitting a raccoon included in the koni instructions ?

e.van
08-05-2007, 08:20 PM
LOL.

I keep saying you guys lower your shit too much.

98a4
08-06-2007, 04:39 AM
Cant be of any help but best thread title ever

dukez
08-06-2007, 05:41 AM
Everyone knows the raccoon mod = +10hp.

iwearpro
08-06-2007, 06:13 AM
My brother had a donkey once...I tried to see if this info could help you but I just cant think how it may...Of course I cant figure how the raccoon could either though...Hmmmm

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
08-06-2007, 08:11 AM
another reason not to tail gate with a lowered car...

karmad
08-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Thnx for all the jokes but come on boys

97audia4
08-06-2007, 01:14 PM
how low are you ground to fender? im 23 all around and i have gone over then with out a belly pan on and only scrape those stupid hooks that hol the belly pan on

98a4
08-06-2007, 03:58 PM
23. what?

I promise your not 23.0"

97audia4
08-06-2007, 06:57 PM
from fender to ground im 23 inches ill go out and take pictures of it tomarrow if i can find a tape measure around this beach house im staying out

Nebone
08-06-2007, 07:06 PM
My car looks just as low as yours and I'm 25.5"

97audia4
08-06-2007, 07:50 PM
i have lowered coils since the last pics i have taken, that was just to let the coils settle, and in my avatar that is with race springs and and blistien sport shocks

Mr.Black
08-06-2007, 08:13 PM
had a coolant temp sensor prob on my old a4, caused prob when starting car after it warmed up to operating temps? my2cents.

Tiluleshpingen
08-06-2007, 10:55 PM
My brother had a donkey once...I tried to see if this info could help you but I just cant think how it may...Of course I cant figure how the raccoon could either though...Hmmmm

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha [:D] pownded

98a4
08-07-2007, 03:37 PM
i have lowered coils since the last pics i have taken, that was just to let the coils settle, and in my avatar that is with race springs and and blistien sport shocks

Call 100% bullshit.

I'm 22.8 front and 22.9 rear and its nearly impossible to drive on normal roads, there is less then 1" from DTS to ground. Based on your pictures you would have to lower it abother 1.5" to be near 23... Not trying to be an ass, I just honestly dont think your that low...

karmad
08-07-2007, 07:21 PM
thnx for help people, even though it turned into a whose lower contest but the problem was just a dead battery and just happen to be a coincidence with the racoon[:D]

97audia4
08-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Call 100% bullshit.

I'm 22.8 front and 22.9 rear and its nearly impossible to drive on normal roads, there is less then 1" from DTS to ground. Based on your pictures you would have to lower it abother 1.5" to be near 23... Not trying to be an ass, I just honestly dont think your that low...

i just went out and measured today, no cord for the digi for my comp but when i get home monday ill take pics and post them up, im 23 inches in the rear, and 23 1/4 inches in the front and yes i have scraped up sub fram and my sway bar about a million times since i have put it this low, my h&r are down the whole way in the back tucking all but like 1mm on the tire in and the front only have about a 1/2 of threads left on them

Pm me your number and i can send you cell phone pics of it if you realy want