PDA

View Full Version : Avant lighting help! please :DD

speedydragon
08-04-2007, 05:15 PM
I've posted this in the avant forum, but 56 views later, I get an answer that didn't really help too much

I own an 01 B5 1.8t avant and the brake light on the top of the trunk just went out. I went on sylvania's site and searched for the type of bulb it is and it came up with a "70 bulb" I then went over to Kragen's site nd I couldn't find such a bulb anywhere :|. My questions are, can I find this bulb at my local kragen? Is there another type of bulb I can use? Lastly, how do I get the brake cover off to change the bulb?

thanks in advance :]

speedydragon
08-04-2007, 10:01 PM
a lil help please... :[

dukez
08-04-2007, 10:22 PM
The third brake light on my car (sedan) looks like they are an array of LEDs, im not positive though, never checked them out myself. Anyhow, I'd say just take it out and see for yourself. I doubt its any hard. Also you might want to check the connection. I frequently forget to plug the brake light back in whenever i remove the rear deck lid (to mess with the speakers). [up]

aytheory
08-04-2007, 10:45 PM
call up dealer and ask how much it cost - call up a vw dealer - i am usually agianst stealers but in this situation might be a good try

speedydragon
08-05-2007, 07:26 PM
ok..new questions arises. how do I take that plastic piece covering the light off? in this case, avant ftl :|