PDA

View Full Version : I just sent my ECU to AWE! What can I expect?

nivek
08-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Just like the title says. What can I expect next? DO I need to get a bailey DV? WHat else will go bad or wrong? I plan on replacing all of the vacuum lines and whatever else to make it run strong.

speedydragon
08-04-2007, 05:04 PM
get a 710n.

aytheory
08-04-2007, 05:29 PM
if ur just getting a chip then get a DV the stock one will go out - get 710N if you don't plan on upgrading turbo - after that get a new DV and get the APR one - good investment for future upgrade

nivek
08-04-2007, 08:40 PM
Hey guys thanks for the input. So you think the APR is > than the bailey? Thats good to know. About the same price right? Do you guys think AWE or ECS for those goodies?

aytheory
08-04-2007, 09:06 PM
AWE - screw ecs - they can suck me

sixfiveoh
08-04-2007, 09:15 PM
AWE - screw ecs - they can suck me

Lol, that's the second time I've seen you say that today. Something you'd like to tell us about? [:p]

fastbreak88
08-04-2007, 09:21 PM
just get a 710n (TT DV) the apr is way over priced and you will not need it unless you go garrett. The bailey's is a piece of shit.

Ado
08-05-2007, 01:00 AM
also pick up a new n75 race valve. your car will hit boost much faster then with the stock one. and a new 710n would be good.

sixfiveoh
08-05-2007, 01:03 AM
also pick up a new n75 race valve. your car will hit boost much faster then with the stock one.

I wouldn't recommend that, based on what people have been telling me in another thread, especially when chipped.

aytheory
08-05-2007, 01:20 AM
Lol, that's the second time I've seen you say that today. Something you'd like to tell us about? [:p]

ECS has been known in forms to offer crappy service, slow shipping, and if you use your credit card expect it to get stolen and used. They servers are not very secure for some reason or they are just pulling some shady stuff. They do have a lot of parts - I give them that and offer sometimes at good prices - but not worth the hassle of them screwing up an order.

Ado
08-05-2007, 01:29 AM
I wouldn't recommend that, based on what people have been telling me in another thread, especially when chipped.

well i got a GIAC tuned ecu with a n75 race valve and never had any problems. it actually solved my problem. because before the car would take for ever to hit full boost. that depended up on the car temp and the out side temp. and also the boost would act really funky too. at fist i was think that i had a major boost leak. so i when over to DSR and got a n75 race valve. now my boost comes on right away, and its really smooth when boost comes on. now thats in my own experience.

speedydragon
08-05-2007, 01:51 AM
well i got a GIAC tuned ecu with a n75 race valve and never had any problems. it actually solved my problem. because before the car would take for ever to hit full boost. that depended up on the car temp and the out side temp. and also the boost would act really funky too. at fist i was think that i had a major boost leak. so i when over to DSR and got a n75 race valve. now my boost comes on right away, and its really smooth when boost comes on. now thats in my own experience.

that's cuz you're drive by cable and we're dbw :| we hit limp mode a lot easier than you I believe :|

onemoremile
08-05-2007, 06:45 AM
ECS has been known in forms to offer crappy service, slow shipping, and if you use your credit card expect it to get stolen and used. They servers are not very secure for some reason or they are just pulling some shady stuff. They do have a lot of parts - I give them that and offer sometimes at good prices - but not worth the hassle of them screwing up an order.

I've noticed that most of the ECS bashing centers around Californians whining about shipping prices and delivery times. They are in Ohio. Why would you pass over the dozens of shops in your home state to buy parts from the midwest? I can understand the credit card thing - mine got hit too - but for everything else you really just need a globe. ECS has messed up an order for me but they were right on top of it and fixed it as quickly as possible.

94jedi
08-05-2007, 06:52 AM
FWIW, I never had an issue w/ ECS - shipping or otherwise.

and a 710N will be fine for k03/k04 setups. I personally ran a forge 007 w/ the stronger spring in it on my BT setup.

onemoremile
08-05-2007, 07:02 AM
I run a Forge 007 and swap in a 710n when it is time to clean it. Then I just swap it back out a week or two later. There is no difference in performance. The potential difference is in reliability since the 007 is all metal and the 710n has a diaphragm that could tear.

nivek
08-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Thanks for all of the info. It will come in handy soon like maybe weds. WooHoo!

Militant-Grunt
08-05-2007, 11:05 AM

I ordered a ton of crap from them with no problems, and extremely quick shipping. They're good in my book.

iowaboostin
08-05-2007, 11:07 AM
Also FWIW, when I was in Iowa I ordered from ECS four times... three of those orders were messed up.

Back on topic, get a 710n for $35-40 from the stealership and enjoy the chipped ECU.

tamadrumr88
08-05-2007, 11:20 AM
i have a 710n with ~3k miles on it... pming you

mad_circle21
08-05-2007, 04:57 PM
i'm getting a chip on tuesday so this weekend I made sure I had no boost leaks. Wanna make sure I get the full effect ya know, lol. Other than the dv, if your car is running good you should be fine. Coil packs and a clutch may be in your near future though. I've ordered many things from ECS and always got them in 2-3 day's with no problems.

quattro16
08-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Live in NY and ECS shipping is on and off. Sometimes its on time and other times it takes *uckin forever.