PDA

View Full Version : No Spark!

b5gen
08-04-2007, 10:40 AM
1997 Audi A4 QTM

Hey all, I am having a little problem with the car. I had got my ecu back from being re flashed for my Bosch 440's and at first start up it started up after a few full cranks then idled at 600 rpm. I had then reved up to like 6k rpm let it drop and then it stalled out. After that I tried cranking it over again and it would fire a couple studders but wouldn't fully start. After doing that about 10 times and about 20-30 mins apart thinking it could be flooded. I came back this morning and I decided to check my spark and fuel. Well come to find out I have fuel, but no spark. I'd put the plug into the coil pack and ground it. I had my pa dad crank it while I ground it and first sturn over there was one spark from coil pack one and that was it. After cranking it over no moe spark form any of the Packs after that! CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!????

Could it be in immobilizer mode? Or could the ICM have gone out??

I do not have a vag com tool either so people please put your best input forward! Thanks and I know you guys can be a big help. [az]

Burntaudi
08-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Can't be the immobilizer since North America didn't get it till 2002. You seriously need to invest in a Vag...very important since it sounds like your big turbo.

I will try and help though. First thing I would check is turn the key all the way forward without starting. Is there a check engine light? If there isn't you have ECU troubles. If there's no light I would open up the ECU and make sure that the chip is seated all the way and that there is no broken or bent pins.

b5gen
08-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Thnx for all 1 post on this but It starts now. but i do need a vag tool badly.

Ado
08-05-2007, 12:55 AM
vag-com is your best friend.

do you have another ecu that you can barow to test it in your car maybe.