PDA

View Full Version : A nice CHP moment

jcheney
08-03-2007, 08:50 AM
I know that CHP and other Highway Patrol officers get a lot of crap from us, but this is actually a very fortunate expierence I just had. I was coming home to San Diego last night from Lake Tahoe (very long drive by yourself) and it was about 11:30 pm. I was stuck in a large pack of trucks and cars on I5 (40 miles north of the Grapevine) and finally broke free. I wanted to get away from everyone so I took off. Went about a buck ten then slowed down and all of the sudden a car was catching up to me, it was CHP. He shinned his spot light on the ground looked at me and I began to pull over, and then he took off. I was the luckiest idiot on the road.

So every once in awhile a good moment can come from our state patrols.

tomlafS4
08-03-2007, 08:53 AM
True, it is nice when the CHP gives us a break every now and again...try to remember this favor the next time a patrolman is giving you grief about no front license plate, tint on the front, etc etc

Militant-Grunt
08-03-2007, 09:01 AM
True, it is nice when the CHP gives us a break every now and again...try to remember this favor the next time a patrolman is giving you grief about no front license plate, tint on the front, etc etc

NYPD + Nassau County Cops let me slide 3 times already, so I'm definitely appreciative. There are still pigs out there tho. I got chased in a meter maid vehicle through central park in Manhattan just so the guy can give me a ticket for tints.

RenoAudiNV
08-03-2007, 09:05 AM
Good for you man, it's nice to get the "nice cop" once in a while. I had similar experience with Nevada Hwy Patrol once (and TX highway too).

Driving from Tahoe to SD sucks indeed.

jcheney
08-03-2007, 09:09 AM
Yeah it does suck and I was only in Tahoe for 16 hours. 19 hours of driving total for 16 hours of camping. It was worth it though, I got to see family, friends.

A4 Effort
08-03-2007, 10:15 AM
He was probably trying to get to the donut shop before it closed. I kid, i kid.

Still nice of him though.

dualaudi
08-03-2007, 10:59 AM
Yeah, every now and then a CHP or sheriff gives you a pass.. not those jerk San Diego police officers we have in clairmont/mira mesa.

They can all be nice if they didn't have quotta's to fill. Glad you made it home from tahoe safely, and w/o a ticket...

TH85
08-03-2007, 12:43 PM
I got chased in a meter maid vehicle through central park in Manhattan just so the guy can give me a ticket for tints.

haha...i wish i could have seen that

GQ//S4
08-03-2007, 12:50 PM
I haven't gotten a warning in the last 3 years in any of my cars. Nice someone finally got away.

tonelee1316
08-04-2007, 12:06 AM
i wish i was that lucky today i got caught speeding to school this morning and they pop my hood ans got me for my intake but good thing they didnt see my test pipe but i still have go see the ref. they also give me a fix it ticket for tints no front plates and loud exhaust