PDA

View Full Version : Problem on vacation in NJ

ct1.8t4me
08-02-2007, 03:39 PM
My car has been running like crap for a few days. It basically dips really low when I return it to idle and has a sputter at around 3,000 RPMs. Today, I disconnected the MAF and the car seems to run a lot better. It definitely is not quite right, but the idle thing is fixed.

One thing I realized is that the stock location of the MAF is vertical, and I just recently replaced the air filter on my cone setup and may have clocked the MAF horizontally. I'm going to try and set it up the way it should be tonight and plug the sensor back in and see if that helps. If not, anyone in the Ocean City, NJ area have a spare MAF hanging around?

CSHO1.8t
08-02-2007, 09:40 PM
You're on the right track with disconnecting the MAF. If it runs better without the censor, you know what that means.

If you find another car you can steal the MAF out of for 10 min, see if it works?

good luck

Poopie
08-02-2007, 10:02 PM
i'll be in ocean city on saturday. I'll bring a stock 1.8 maf for you if I can find it.

A4Rob
08-02-2007, 10:09 PM
Your first problem is a vacation in NJ haha

Poopie
08-02-2007, 10:32 PM
hahahaha^^

Starting
08-03-2007, 07:03 AM
You're on the right track with disconnecting the MAF. If it runs better without the censor, you know what that means.

If you find another car you can steal the MAF out of for 10 min, see if it works?

good luck

Ndbw cars don't have a map sensor. The car should not run that much better with a bad maf then with the maf disconnected.

ct1.8t4me: try cleaning the sensor with some spray cleaner or rubbing alcohol. Just make sure it is completely dry before putting it back in the car.

ct1.8t4me
08-03-2007, 04:34 PM
Awesome - I'd appreciate that. I'm here until Sunday.