PDA

View Full Version : what makes coilovers that much better?

BadBoyRipper
08-01-2007, 09:51 PM
Looking into suspension for my A6. I was originally planning on getting coilovers, but man are they expensive. Some aren't even height adjustable in the rear anyway.

So, how would the ride be with H&R Sport Springs vs. H&R coilovers?

I could go with KW's that are height adjustable on all 4 corners. Just looking to see if coils are really that much better. Thanks in advance.[az]

jeremy@matrix
08-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Looking into suspension for my A6. I was originally planning on getting coilovers, but man are they expensive. Some aren't even height adjustable in the rear anyway.

So, how would the ride be with H&R Sport Springs vs. H&R coilovers?

I could go with KW's that are height adjustable on all 4 corners. Just looking to see if coils are really that much better. Thanks in advance.[az]

Coilovers for an A6 will be height adjustable in the front and rear.
Coilovers have really come down in price over the years (as they came from the racing community). In our opinions, coilovers are worth the extra cost as you can set ride height exactly where you want it. If you run "standard" susp (aftermarket dampers/springs), your ride height will be static---it'll be set wherever it ends up. If the front is too high or rear too low or vice versa compared to your liking, you're stuck, you can't change it. With coilovers however, you can.

H&R coilovers for '98-04 A6 Quattro
$1275 + s/h

Let us know if we can help at all.