PDA

View Full Version : Boost issue now with VIDEO

a4rings
08-01-2007, 04:54 AM
Sorry for starting a new thread but i dont know how to edit the title of the old thread to say i added a video.

well i did a pressure test today and the air pump i was using was not powerful enough to put alot of pressure into the system, i think my boost gauge showed 3 psi but it was enough to find a huge leek that was in the vaccume line that goes accross the engine bay on the firewall, the heatshield i had made was rubing on it and caused a hole in it. Well i patched that leak up and ran the car and it boosts higher and idles alot better but the boost still fluctuates alot when i am at WOT ( the boost keeps going up and down from 10-15psi so i am thinking that i may have another boost leak but i need to wait till tomorow and go get a stronger pump. you guys think the boost fluctuating could be because of another boost leak? also my boost gauge sits on -4(or 4 vacuum) when the car is off so that means that whatever i boost it is really actually 4 psi more than what the gauge shows right? Is there anyone in the sacramento area that is willing to let me use their gauge to see what i am actually boosting? thanks alot guys.

here is a quick video i took
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/a4rings/?action=view&current=f5e25046.flv

mike-2ptzero
08-01-2007, 05:54 AM
Vacuum reading is not in psi but is in hg IN. IIRC it is around 25 vacuum to equal 1 bar(14.5psi). So if your gauge sits at 4 on the vacuum side your boost reading will be off by about 2.32psi.

If it is a Autometer gauge, you can email autometer and tell them the gauge readings is wrong when it is off. They will tell you to send it back and then will send you a new one, you dont even have to prove you bought it.

a4rings
06-11-2008, 01:48 PM
anyone else have any input? my main issue is why would the boost stop at 10psi and then procede to move up to 12ish and then back down rather than going straight to 12 and then tapering off?